Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I thought the cloud of suspicion had always hung over him.

Easier to list who it doesn't hang over, isn't it?

Cynic!
I'd be gutted if one of the young dudes on the block now, was nailed.
You can see by the manner of the racing that it's cleaner than it ever has been. The old skool and the desperate will still try though.
I can see what you mean about the racing but someone will, much as i'd like to think cycling will never have another doper someone always will.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Hmmm, I think there's a growing list of them but Sammy Sanchez was old skool.

Not that old skool, he evidently didn't have avoiding out of competition testing down to a fine art.

much as i'd like to think cycling will never have another doper someone always will.

There'll always be someone who wants to take a short cut but at least it's better than (nearly) every bugger doing it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We may have already covered this, but I can't remember and can't be bothered to search this now very lengthy thread to check ...

Do you think that a team should be able to replace a rider entered for a race but then caught doping?

I think not. It might mean collateral damage to genuinely innocent teams but it would help reinforce the anti-doping message.

SWSteve

Guru
We may have already covered this, but I can't remember and can't be bothered to search this now very lengthy thread to check ...

Do you think that a team should be able to replace a rider entered for a race but then caught doping?

I think not. It might mean collateral damage to genuinely innocent teams but it would help reinforce the anti-doping message.

I'm with you on that. It would be much more punishing for the team, and would disincentivise turning a blind eye to 'lone individual' activities

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
When does the start list become 'official'? I thought it wasn't until they turned up and signed on at the start of the race. So any team is free to make changes to their announced line-up, for any reason, right up to that point.

When does the start list become 'official'? I thought it wasn't until they turned up and signed on at the start of the race. So any team is free to make changes to their announced line-up, for any reason, right up to that point.
Not sure about that, didn't Bardiani ride without a full team earlier this year?

400bhp

Guru
Correct with Bardiani, albeit they probably didn't have any other clean riders to draft in.

I vaguely remember something about a rider falling sick just before the race and they weren't allowed to replace

It makes sense to have some lead time as I can imagine there's a lot of stuff needs to be determined by the organisers pre race.

Correct with Bardiani, albeit they probably didn't have any other clean riders to draft in.

I vaguely remember something about a rider falling sick just before the race and they weren't allowed to replace

It makes sense to have some lead time as I can imagine there's a lot of stuff needs to be determined by the organisers pre race.
They had 2 riders fail dope tests iirc

Top Bottom