Doping in other sports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
...is a cyclist.

Is indeed, and rode in the Olympic road race (though DNF'd) - but the Zielinski brothers are Polish weightlifters and tested positive for Nandrolone.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The hubris of the Russians is almost beyond belief. Do they have no sense of shame?
To blame their disgrace on Macchiavellian political shenanigans (that's a phrase I don't often use!) is more than irritating.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
The hubris of the Russians is almost beyond belief. Do they have no sense of shame?
To blame their disgrace on Macchiavellian political shenanigans (that's a phrase I don't often use!) is more than irritating.

I thought the unrepentant ex-doper Zabelinskaya making lofty proclamations after the women's RR about Russia showing the world they could win clean was a touch ironic, not to say hypocritical.

Go on them BBC, here's another chance to mention doping and Kenya...

No? Oh well, just say "well done" and don't bother.
See the fat bloke in this picture, he's currently on bail for doping athletes - and part of the Kenyan team with the marathoners
Cp1HNV2WYAE6eH2.jpg

This is him:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-36797823

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Just reminding people that this is the Doping in Other Sports thread. For our own, there is the Doping Git thread...

Oops. Sorry I hurt your thread, mister.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
What did Johnson say about it?

He was very gracious. He's like that.

The other view, of course, is that it has just been a fallow period for the 400m since Johnson's record. So when someone finally comes along who's a lot better, of course the record is smashed. That's not more intrinsically suspicious that the record being beaten by a little every year or so.

Top Bottom