Doping in other sports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ivory Coast get gold and silver in women's 60m world indoors - what's the testing like in the Ivory Coast? :angel:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Just catching up on this thread so apologies for replying to a v.old post, especially since this is a bit off-topic, but I thought this was interesting enough to merit it...

I've skated in the past and young Bolletta skates now so I take an interest in the ice events. I can believe that the qualities of a decent TTer or track-cyclist would work well for the ice track events.

Connie Carpenter-Phinney started out as a speed skater before moving to cycling - road rather than track. And she was frikkin' awesome at both.

In fact, she is one of a number of athletes who have competed at both the summer olympics in cycling and the winter olympics in speed skating. Laurine Van Riessen rode on the track for the Dutch team at the 2016 olympics having previously competed at the winter games in speed skating.

Cross country skiing is another popular sport among cyclists and a good few athletes have doubled up at the winter/summer games in those sports.

Also Thibaut Pinot competed in a cross country skiing race earlier this year.

The coveted National Cycling Centre is in Manchester.
First; disgrace team Sky.
Then pull the funding from the corrupt Manchester setup.

Next; justifiably take the National Cycling Centre to London.
With the help of course of funding from a Media mogul.

Last; empty the waste-baskets of brown paper job done.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The coveted National Cycling Centre is in Manchester.
First; disgrace team Sky.
Then pull the funding from the corrupt Manchester setup.

Next; justifiably take the National Cycling Centre to London.
With the help of course of funding from a Media mogul.

Last; empty the waste-baskets of brown paper job done.
Which is the other sport of which you refer?
I'd stick to something less potent, like brake fluid and tonic.

DRM

Guru
Good enough for an Oscar, no less.
I watched it as well, a brilliant documentary & I thought it interesting to see Putin smirking at the Sochi olympics, once we knew that he ordered mass doping, as it was during the Cold War era, plus it highlighted the dangers of whistleblowing after the incident in Salisbury the other week.

Top Bottom