1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doping in other sports

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by montage, 17 Jan 2013.

1. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

Russia have now been allowed back by the IOC.
    Seems odd given the failure of Russian “clean athletes” at the Winter Olympics.
    mjr and rich p like this.
  2. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

3. Marmion

Marmion Guru

Ivory Coast get gold and silver in women's 60m world indoors - what's the testing like in the Ivory Coast? :angel:
  4. DP

DP Chasse patate

5. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

The report criticising Brutish Cycling and Team Sky mentioned in https://www.cyclechat.net/posts/5172185 also criticises Mo Farah and calls athletics federation leader and ex London Olympics supremo Lord Coe "misleading".
    Dogtrousers likes this.
  6. Crackle

Crackle Pah

7. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

I guess that's a nice way of saying Coe is a lying c@#!
  8. I just stumbled across this graphic for 2017.

Cycling: Must try harder.

9. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

I watched the film/documentary Icarus last night about state sponsered doping in Russia,it was brilliant.
  10. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

Good enough for an Oscar, no less.
    Adam4868 likes this.
  11. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

The Red Enclave
    Just catching up on this thread so apologies for replying to a v.old post, especially since this is a bit off-topic, but I thought this was interesting enough to merit it...

Connie Carpenter-Phinney started out as a speed skater before moving to cycling - road rather than track. And she was frikkin' awesome at both.

In fact, she is one of a number of athletes who have competed at both the summer olympics in cycling and the winter olympics in speed skating. Laurine Van Riessen rode on the track for the Dutch team at the 2016 olympics having previously competed at the winter games in speed skating.

Cross country skiing is another popular sport among cyclists and a good few athletes have doubled up at the winter/summer games in those sports.

Also Thibaut Pinot competed in a cross country skiing race earlier this year.
    Bollo likes this.
  12. Not downhill skiing? No surprise there.
    rich p, 400bhp, BrumJim and 4 others like this.
  13. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

The Red Enclave
    Very good! :laugh:
  14. Prometheus

Prometheus @

In the hills
    The coveted National Cycling Centre is in Manchester.
    First; disgrace team Sky.
    Then pull the funding from the corrupt Manchester setup.

Next; justifiably take the National Cycling Centre to London.
    With the help of course of funding from a Media mogul.

Last; empty the waste-baskets of brown paper job done.
  15. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Which is the other sport of which you refer?
    I'd stick to something less potent, like brake fluid and tonic.
    400bhp, BrumJim and Adam4868 like this.