Doping in other sports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Cricket.Alex Hales Nottingham cricketer tested positive for a second time recreational drug use.

I know cricket is boring . If i was a fan of cricket or played I would need drugs to keep me awake.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Canoeing this time. Who'dathunk it? Good the IOC is so up to date.
I don't know why I find that funny, because obviously you need good upper body strength for canoeing but somehow it makes me laugh. It made me imagine Ray Mears in a hand-made canoe, off his head on local mescaline.

Last edited:

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Does anybody watch those sports documentaries on Netflix? I've been watching a few of the Crossfit ones. The competitors have a hugely impressive level of fitness, but a few of the men and women have physiques that I can only politely describe as looking a bit like they might be chemically assisted. I know they drug test in the big competitions but I don't think they drug test randomly through the year. One guy did get disqualified in the Crossfit Games.

I think there was talk of getting Crossfit into the Olympics (not sure why as it's a brand really, and no more a sport than say circuit training is) but I think they will really have to up the standard of testing to be anywhere near consideration.

If any libel lawyers are reading this is not doping, but....

Listening to Mark Wood at lunch in the test march today, he was recounting how Jofra Archer had received a pain killing injection in his side before going out to bowl the “ Super over” in the World Cup final.

Blooming heck, needles:ohmy:painkillers:ohmy: it’s a different world:wacko:.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
World Athletics champs starts on today with state doping and evasion still going on in Russia and a German TV programme exposing even more Kenyan athletes on the juice.
Currently there are 41 Kenyans banned.
And you thought cycling had a problem
https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1085100/kenya-doping-claims-aiu-sebastian-coe

Top Bottom