Doping in other sports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Yeah.
I didn't follow the detail of how the "ROC" was setup, but the intention sounded honourable.
How it's turned out seems an utter farce.
I think the history is that some of the Russians were pretty dodgy. But some were OK. So they just asked them, "are you OK?" And if they said yes, then they were in the Russian OK team. ROK became ROC due to the Cyrillic alphabet.

Probably.

I thought Russian Olympic committee and thought it might be run by vetted Russian Olympic coaches or other Olympic officials. Never believed it made one jot of a difference. Russian athletes have Russian coaches and are part of the Russian apparatus of power and control. Everyone in Russia is available to be used for the national "good". Exclusion isn't going to work and neither is inclusion.

My only suggestion is over zealous testing and an anti libertarian view that they're guilty unless proven otherwise, in which case that kid wouldn't have even made it to the Olympics let alone get a young person pass from the CAS!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
An explanation of that link

Great Britain have been stripped of the silver medal won in the 4x100m relay at last summer's Tokyo Olympics after team member CJ Ujah was found to have committed a doping violation.

There was a programme on the 'BBC World Service' a couple of weeks ago, about how some f**tballist clubs have (I think) 65% of their big-jessies on asthma treatments
The UK population on prescribed treatments is an average of 12%?

It was postulated that it was an attempt to get TUEs, in order to improve performance

Interesting.....................

There was a programme on the 'BBC World Service' a couple of weeks ago, about how some f**tballist clubs have (I think) 65% of their big-jessies on asthma treatments
The UK population on prescribed treatments is an average of 12%?

It was postulated that it was an attempt to get TUEs, in order to improve performance
I'm shocked.

SHOCKED I tell ya!

Top Bottom