Down Again !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hit by a car that came out of a blind junction , tried to swerve and shout but they still managed to hit my back end ripping the pannier rack off the the bottom bolts , ripped the saddle and bent the RH shifter when it hit the ground.
Superficial cuts and bruises but nowt serious as it was a low speed collision thankfully (?)
Made sure the police were phoned but they would not attend as we were not blocking the road , got an incident number.
The driver admitted responsibility and we exchanged details , already phoned their insurance and the police myself when i got home .Attending an appointment tomorrow evening at the police station as they want to see my injuries .
Driver said as it was drizzly it was hard to see and didnt see me at all till i shouted , me in white gilet , reflective arm warmers , lights , white bike ......

vickster

Legendary Member
:sad:

Go get checked by your GP and A&E, to ensure nothing serious and also for medical record keeping for the claim

GWS

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Get well soon.

I suspect "it was hard to see" is code for gave up looking because it was difficult :cursing: All the reflectives and lights in the world don't work if the fuzzy dockers don't look :sad:

jefmcg

Guru
hit my back end ripping the pannier rack off the the bottom bolts , ripped the saddle and bent the RH shifter
Such violent language, I thought at first glance that you had been (directly) hit and ripped and bent.

Glad your bike took the brunt. Gws and good luck with the law.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
How's the bike?

A bike can be replaced if need be

13 rider

Guru
Talk about a run of bad luck . Glad it's not to serious and everything seems to be going how you would hope . Take care and heal quick . Any extra problems with your shoulder ?

Slick

Guru
Certainly a run of bad luck, I'm glad to hear your not expecting any of the injuries to be lasting. GWS.