Down I go :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They will fix it up for you but there will be a charge. Their may not be if they found that the tube was defective, but an instant puncture, quite often can result in further damage to the tube and rim, both needing replacing.

I've had that happen before. TBH you falling off was likely to be your lack of 'skill' with the new bike. Front punctures are a bit scary, but are controllable from the speed you were doing, not so from 40 mph.

Pop in and ask them to check it over for you, but do expect a charge. Punctures do happen, and there is some right crap on the roads. Some areas suffer more from flints being on the road, and these take your tyres out quick. Round here it's either glass or hawthorn spikes.

Col5632

Guru
Geeso, only had the bike 24 hours and its half wrecked already :cry:

Hopefully they atleast sort the bike out at cost and hopefully you aint feeling too sore after it all, seems like a bit of bad luck :ohmy:

Fubar

Guru
Hard to bear, though at least now it is marked you won't worry so much about it :thumbsup: Hope you are ok and you get the bike sorted, by whatever method. See you on the next CC Ecosse.

Scratches - as hard as they can be to bear at first - are a pain in the ass.

I don't want any 'battle' scars on my bikes thank you. I have one on the CAAD that was caused when some muppet knocked it over, I don't want anymore, or the stories that apparently go behind them.

You will get sorted one way or another, but I too suspect you will have to put your hand in your pocket, l've had loads of punctures that couldn't be pinpointed to what the cause was, this sounds like one of those instances coupled with inexperience and possibly over exuberance.

It's all part of lifes rich tapestry my friend, learn, fettle and move on.

snorri

Legendary Member
If the tyre / tube did fail, though, that's different.
That's what I understood from the OP.
I've had a few punctures in my time but these have never resulted in a crash, although I recall witnessing a tyre split and the tube popping out and stopping the wheel turning, which is what I assumed had happened in this case.

I got a set in black if you want them, off a new bike,free of charge. Black tyres on red bike look good

All I can see at the moment is a pair of Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tyres. I have 1 lugano tyre but can not see the other one. You are welcome to have the Zaffiros if you want them as I said free of charge. Colour black.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

All I can see at the moment is a pair of Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tyres. I have 1 lugano tyre but can not see the other one. You are welcome to have the Zaffiros if you want them as I said free of charge. Colour black.

Sounds good, are they 700x23c? Let me know if you find the Luganos :cheers:

Top Bottom