Down I go :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I blame Wiggle Halfords for all this - got to be their fault ! :crazy:
FTFY :tongue:

I own a business and we sometimes get things coming back to us that isn't our fault. How we deal with it very much depends on how it was presented to us. Often, if someone says, look, this happened, I know it's my fault/an accident, we might say we'll fix it at a reduced rate. If the person comes in demanding it sorted out and trying to push it through with accussations/lies, then we'd be much more inclined to investigate it properly and then charge full price if it is determined its not our fault.

Other factors in our response would be, what we would think is a fair thing to do rather than what we are obliged to do, what the goodwill would be worth to us (repeat business etc). I do not know the exact circumstances of the OP, but I would always suggest the more reaonsable you are, the more reasonable the person you are dealing with will be. However, a lot of this depends on the person you speak to. A manager with the authoority is better to speak to as they may be more able to flex the rules.

Cyclist33

I own a business and we sometimes get things coming back to us that isn't our fault. How we deal with it very much depends on how it was presented to us. Often, if someone says, look, this happened, I know it's my fault/an accident, we might say we'll fix it at a reduced rate. If the person comes in demanding it sorted out and trying to push it through with accussations/lies, then we'd be much more inclined to investigate it properly and then charge full price if it is determined its not our fault.

Other factors in our response would be, what we would think is a fair thing to do rather than what we are obliged to do, what the goodwill would be worth to us (repeat business etc). I do not know the exact circumstances of the OP, but I would always suggest the more reaonsable you are, the more reasonable the person you are dealing with will be. However, a lot of this depends on the person you speak to. A manager with the authoority is better to speak to as they may be more able to flex the rules.

Or in the case of my ex-LBS, the guy in charge is a complete a-hole who sits on his fat behind all day and provides no goodwill services whatsoever.

davefb

Guru
must admit , i'd probably see if they'd have had a look.. tube bursting in 3 places sounds wierd to say the least.

lets face it, you might be the 3rd person that this has happened to this week due to a previously unknown fitting problem..

that or you ran over a load of glass :-/

Cyclist33

Schwalbe Duranos and I weigh around 14-15 stone.
Must be like riding skis on rough ice!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Must be like riding skis on rough ice!
Not at all. The bike (Lelly) is a Titanium sportive and the setup is very comfortable. The furthest I've done so far is 230 miles in 17 and a bit hours, as I say very comfy.

The Duranos had done around 3,000 miles. I think there's still a lot of wear left in the rear one but I've ordered two new ones. The setup will remain the same for LEL next year.

Top Bottom