Down I go :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Yes they are 700x23 off a new bike. I will take a better look in shed when I get home from work tomorrow for other tyre. Its still raining and so dark out at moment, my torch battery needs replacing

Thanks for that, anything's better than the stock B'twin ones :smile:

defy-one

I was out on my Defy - 2 miles from home - hit a drain cover hard - instant rear blowout!!!!!
My son was with me and started worrying about what we do now! Lol
It i said gives me a chance to try out tyre levers,pump and new inner tube. 15 minutes later we were on our way.
So Jazloc .... These things happen my young friend. Rear was sliding about silly and i had to be careful as i came to a stop with cars overtaking me. Must have been crazy with a front blowout

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

So what happened? Did you take it back to Decathlon Today and did they sort it?

Not taking it to Decathlon. Didn't want to ride it today (got a sore back), going to take it down to my LBS and have them sort it. Expecting it to cost around £20, no biggie.

defy-one

Agreed - ring them. Might just save you a few quid. Reckon £20 is a conservative estimate

sittingbull

Veteran
The least you could do is phone them.

Decathlon must be selling container loads of Tribans based on the positive reviews on sites like this. Your (jazloc's) threads this week alone have had nearly 2500 hits. Opinion is clearly divided as to the cause of the puncture and I would think it would be difficult to prove the tube was defective (although it might have been). Punctures happen and are often unexplained (I had one on the turbo trainer :wacko: )

Maybe drop them an e-mail with a link :whistle:

speedygoo

I would also pick up the phone or email them, you may be supprised by their support, I'd at least think they would give some form of goodwill gesture given that it's so new.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'd be surprised if they did anything other than fix it for a fee. I'm afraid it's a puncture and they happen.

I had a front blow out on the FNRttC last week. Still no idea what it was but it slashed the tyre (thanks to Adrian for his amazing tyre boot that got me to Harwich) and I went from 145psi to 0 in about a foot of road. It's just live and learn. Also meant I had to buy new tyres!! :sad:

Cyclist33

I'd be surprised if they did anything other than fix it for a fee. I'm afraid it's a puncture and they happen.

I had a front blow out on the FNRttC last week. Still no idea what it was but it slashed the tyre (thanks to Adrian for his amazing tyre boot that got me to Harwich) and I went from 145psi to 0 in about a foot of road. It's just live and learn. Also meant I had to buy new tyres!! :sad:

145??!? On what tyre, and how heavy are you?

Top Bottom