Drago's death kill murder slaughter madness insanity panic rapture doom and danger flood thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think you've just brought this thread to its lowest point. Good work!

:thanks:

classic33

Leg End Member
UK snow forecast: Shock chart shows HUGE BAND of snow set to engulf Britain

BRITAIN is set to face a fresh onslaught of snow wreaking havoc through the south of England and Wales as storm Emma moves in with new snowfalls and freezing temperatures.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Home is fine, but work is at sea level (about 100 yards across a caravan site from it) and my office is on the ground floor.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Hmm. Swim to work?
These are available in Sydney, Australia, so shall I get you one? ;)
photo13311.jpg

The cycle, that is, not the woman.

perplexed

Guru
Flooded at the bottom of my garden in 2007. That was the only time although it sometimes gets squishy down there. Water table is quite low so squishy might be the extent this time. However - out in the valley I expect the usual suspect roads will go under.

I recommend Hornbeam for sucking up water in a wet area - worked a treat on our damp patch...

We're at 597 feet or 182 metres above sea level and well up a hill.

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I recommend Hornbeam for sucking up water in a wet area - worked a treat on our damp patch...

We're at 597 feet or 182 metres above sea level and well up a hill.

Interesting thank you. Normally Salix (willow) of some cultivar or another is used for difficult areas. I remember being told one decent tree can ‘drink’ up to 200 litres a day.

*goes off to google these facts*

screenman

Legendary Member
Quite high for Lincolnshire, 35ft above, so no need for the life jackets yet.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Interesting thank you. Normally Salix (willow) of some cultivar or another is used for difficult areas. I remember being told one decent tree can ‘drink’ up to 200 litres a day.

*goes off to google these facts*
Isn't Willow normally considered a tree of last resort? (well, above Sycamore, but then everything is)

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Isn't Willow normally considered a tree of last resort? (well, above Sycamore, but then everything is)

Depends what you mean by last resort. Willow is used down on the Somerset Levels to help hold the ‘drains’ together, which down there are actually a properly engineered network of ditches and mini-canals. More local to me they are used on floodplains. For example, one local school is built on a floodplain and the architects and landscapers have used Salix to keep the playground from turning into a bog.

Top Bottom