Drago's murder deathkill slaughter annihilation massacre beserker lunacy snow, ice and winteryness thread 2021/22

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, the time is upon us. Winter is on the horizon, the Express are forecasting snow and -10°C by months end, thus marking the arrival of the now traditional winter weather thread.

Post your observations,hopes, fears, and pictures of snowmen.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Don't the Express always do that when they aren't 'predicting hottest day ever anywhere'. The mere hint of a snow flake on the ground and southern England will come to a standstill. 😁

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Not even had the heating on today thethermostat says it's 18.5 degrees in the house (mind we did have the woodburner lit yesterday so the chimneybreast has been warm for most of the day)

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm awaiting the morning we wake up to three foot of snow on the ground. With no prior warning that as much would fall.

We've had the heating on since mid afternoon
maybe that has melted all the snow in the North West

although it was misty this morning for a while

should I get studded tyres for the car ????
just in case

Better check the Express - although it can be difficult to tell if I need studded tyres or heat protection to keep the shock wave from the approaching space rock at bay

anyway - I'll get some sausages out of the freezer for Tea tomorrow - with cook them on the grill or hold then out of the window and sear them in the heat wave/'space rock shock wave'

Alex321

Veteran
Saw this shared in a ski group I'm part of, thought it relevant here (from Banff in Canada)
IMG-20211115-WA0000.jpg

RIght - there's snow in a ski resort at altitude in the Rockies
I getting the snow chains out - Widnes must be next!!!!!!!

(side note - we went to the Rockies for our Honeymoon - stayed in Banff for several days - it was gorgeous!!!

Rezillo

TwoSheds
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021...stuck-in-arctic-shipping-route-reports-a75624

"Dozens of ships have gotten stuck in the sea ice of the Russian Arctic due to an earlier-than-expected freeze over the past week, media outlets have reported.

Moscow has invested heavily in the so-called Northern Sea Route as the Arctic warms disproportionately faster than the rest of the world and opens the strategic shipping route connecting Europe and Asia to year-round navigation".

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Northerly gales forecast for Friday so cold and even colder on Saturday with little wind but after that forecast is back to 4 or 5 degrees lowest at night.

Top Bottom