Drago's murder deathkill slaughter annihilation massacre beserker lunacy snow, ice and winteryness thread 2021/22

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Blowing a gale with snow at 4am here in Dewsbury. M62 and other roads blocked with snow.

It'll be an interesting bike ride this morning. Probably not shorts weather.

PXL_20211127_043344281.jpg

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Poshshire, last night..

Took daughter to work earlier for a 06:30 start
Once l’d cleaned the surprisingly deep snow off the car we set off
I expected the street to be bad, as the buses that travel along the next one hadn’t started yet

Once out of town,& up to the roundabout at the Warmfield end of the bypass, there was a single-decker bus stopped just before it, with hazard warning lights on
Whether it was a breakdown, or it had slid into the kerb damaging steering, l have no idea?
The double-decker in front of us, took the passengers, then both drivers went to the other side of the roundabout
After a few minutes, by seemingly a mutual consensus, we (trapped vehicles) slowly ‘wrong-sided’ the roundabout
To reveal an Audi that had come up the bypass, &’ stuffed itself into the kerb of the roundabout

Then, after getting moving slowly again, there was queuing traffic at the top of ‘Pineapple Hill’
Three very cold Police Officers were in attendance, guiding traffic/advising drivers
There was a MB van on the hill suffering from a distinct lack of traction

Given its exposed position, this is generally the first stretch in the area to suffer, when it snows
As we got closer to the city-centre, the roads were still white, but with snow turning to rain

I decided to come back the other way, past Pinderfields General Hospital & along Nellie Spindler Drive
Google her!!!!

Surprisingly, ‘Birkwood Hill’ wasn’t too bad, with clearly defined clear lines

The only fly in the ointment then was a malfunctioning traffic-light near the swimming pool that wouldn’t turn to green for me

And, at present, at least one of the local ParkRuns are cancelled
Nostell Priory
I expect Pontefract & Wakefield (Thornes Park) to also be

Stay-Safe everyone!!

Blowing a gale with snow at 4am here in Dewsbury. M62 and other roads blocked with snow.

It'll be an interesting bike ride this morning. Probably not shorts weather.

View attachment 619586

I used to run to work in worse snow than we have now, in shorts!
The main deference to the snow was that l wore a pair of fell-running shoes
(generally Inov-8s)

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It was snowing during the night, but none has settled and now it has turned to heavy rain. A bit blowy but nowhere near the nutter force winds we were promised...yet.

Well, the time is upon us. Winter is on the horizon, the Express are forecasting snow and -10°C by months end, thus marking the arrival of the now traditional winter weather thread.

Post your observations,hopes, fears, and pictures of snowmen.
They're predicting a mild winter then!

DRM

Guru
Bit of snow here, same as DC Lane, so I guess the country has now stopped, but reminded of the post further up re the Norwegian finding our amount of snow funny, one site I went into most days I said to one of the Polish lads it’s a bit cold today, it was -4 C or so, he’d mentioned the same to his mate back in Poland via what’s app who sent a photo of his car’s temperature display at -24 C :eek:

Trees down and trampolines in hedges or rivers. Surprisingly rocks fallen into the roads and covered by tree debris. Considering some drivers had driven over tree debris in places that could be expensive repair bill or insurance write off.

There's boulders from a little roadside craglet and ones from retaining walls holding the hills back. They make me think of heavy rains but we've not had that. No snow though.

The worst thing about snow is the idiots who don't know how to drive getting themselves into difficulties. Big 4x4s with proper diff lock and even low ratio gears abandoned at the foot of pretty modest hills. Land cruiser amazon with the bells and whistles. Defenders, discos, range rovers. The last two probably even have those dials to select the conditions too! Even the odd hilux or Isuzu pickup driven as leisure vehicles. BTW farmers round here drive the Isuzu as they're one of the best for pulling power and traction.

No snow here - but then there pretty much never is
Only place I have been with less snow is Rhyl - well except for one year when the school was closed for over 2 weeks!

Been very windy overnight thought - still quite windy and feels cold
car says it is 4 degrees

bike ride is off

Top Bottom