Drago's murder deathkill slaughter annihilation massacre beserker lunacy snow, ice and winteryness thread 2021/22

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Our C4 Grand Picasso you could release the handbrake whenever you wanted by pressing the button with the clutch pressed in and footbrake applied. I know you could just drive off and it'd automatically release too, yes with a bit less precision than a manual handbrake, but the release button was my main method of releasing it.

This is how our Peugeot works.

Fiat Panda was designed for farmers living in Northern Italian hills AIUI. They're actually supposed to be good in winter. Plus you can get 4x4 versions that work well. Also a good reputation for going on forever. Certainly twice round the clock isn't unusual. Read an honest John column in a Sunday paper that listed the reader's cars with the highest mileage. A few pandas were in the top 10.

My old astra estate was very good in snow. Never put anything but summer tyres on it and often budget ones too. Never got stopped by bad weather. Our seat altea xl (golf plus) was useless.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
snowed yesterday afternoon and it was settling on the roads due to it being sunday so not much traffic, overnight freezing fog to around -4 so i reckon the pavements will be lethal.

Treacherous roads through the industrial estate. Did not expect to make it on two wheels. More likely two wheels, two feet, a limp, bruised shoulder, bruised hip, heavily scuffed end of handlebar and possibly worse....I might have damaged my bike!

I did not know 16" schwalbe racers in I think 28s (stock brompton tyres) would handle sheet ice on concrete road surface at the bends. Nobody around the really dodgy bits to see a spill so if I had then it didn't really happen, unless there's evidence like damage. If you get up quick and see nobody around then carry on, it didn't happen.

The number of trees down around the village was interesting. We didn't even get to the big ones past the coastguard station. 4 big trees went there and one took out a balcony of a house.

The whole village is talking about it! They'll talk any storm arwen for some time i think. Old men round here will talk about the storm of late 2021 in 40 years time, or was it storms of 2022? 😆

winjim

Smash the cistern
Treacherous roads through the industrial estate. Did not expect to make it on two wheels. More likely two wheels, two feet, a limp, bruised shoulder, bruised hip, heavily scuffed end of handlebar and possibly worse....I might have damaged my bike!

I did not know 16" schwalbe racers in I think 28s (stock brompton tyres) would handle sheet ice on concrete road surface at the bends. Nobody around the really dodgy bits to see a spill so if I had then it didn't really happen, unless there's evidence like damage. If you get up quick and see nobody around then carry on, it didn't happen.
Five second rule.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Our boiler decided to fail spectacularly yesterday, spitting dirty water all over the kitchen. So I had to go into the loft to get the electric heaters only to find out that the light's gone up there and we don't have a spare tube.

Fortunately we managed to get a plumber out last night so he's coming back today to fit a part and we'll see how it goes from there.

Top Bottom