Drago's murder deathkill slaughter massacre panic petrol buying watch!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
After feeling relatively immune from the short-term consequences of this stupidity on Friday it came back to bite the Bollo family quite hard over the weekend.

Bolletta started at uni a couple of weeks ago and had been feeling increasingly unwell for the last two weeks. We had a phone call on Saturday where she was feeling like death warmed-up and very distressed, so we made the decision to go and pick her up, bring her home and try and get a GP appointment. Unfortunately we only had 70 miles worth of fuel at best and the journey is >100 miles. We were lucky that that very last place we tried after trawling the City had some fuel so were able to make the journey. Good job, because Bolletta is now in hospital and due to have an op today. If we'd have not been able to pick her up, see how bad she was and decide to go to A&E then it would have been likely she'd have holed up in her room getting more and more ill, which could then have become life-threatening.

There are already plenty of stories out there of essential workers delayed or unable to get to work, but I doubt that'll make much difference to people's attitude or behaviour.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It should all calm down during the week as deliveries arrive and all the lemmings have full tanks and jerry cans. I hope a few garages stacked with jerry cans burn down without endangering any life....

Its madness near us (Hertfordshire) The OH said it was much calmer up north with £20 limits when she had to do a trip at the weekend, and imagine the motorway services are kept top up if you're prepeared to pay a premium.

I've knackered my ankle playing hockey at the weekend so am neither driving nor cycling for a while...

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
The 2 stations in Deal have not had any since Friday afternoon. The one in Sandwich is only serving emergency services/workers, Wimps has been told not to go to work to conserve petrol and has abandoned her long-standing meet with friends in Brighton. I put fuel in the camper (half a tank) Friday afternoon to go away to meet friends and family at the weekend and am hoping there's enough in the mighty Dacia to get me to Heathrow tonight (and hopefully back on Thursday night.

Madness, utter madness.

How's it with you?

Got lots , but it's all a rather fetching shade of pink
:blush:

potsy

Rambler
I am down to 1/4 of a tank but can get by if I really need to, close enough to cycle to work and am cancelling any leisure activities than require driving to the start....

Typically the weather this coming week looks awful so I might be getting wet :rolleyes:

potsy

Rambler
The 2 stations in Deal have not had any since Friday afternoon. The one in Sandwich is only serving emergency services/workers, Wimps has been told not to go to work to conserve petrol and has abandoned her long-standing meet with friends in Brighton. I put fuel in the camper (half a tank) Friday afternoon to go away to meet friends and family at the weekend and am hoping there's enough in the mighty Dacia to get me to Heathrow tonight (and hopefully back on Thursday night.

Madness, utter madness.

How's it with you?
I thought wimps retired years ago?

Biker man

This is an international forum with members from around the world. It’s not for you to say who can post or from what country.
He is a professional whinging moans about everything and knows nothing.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If we'd have not been able to pick her up, see how bad she was and decide to go to A&E then it would have been likely she'd have holed up in her room getting more and more ill, which could then have become life-threatening.
Now I know it's been a while since I was at uni, but does she have no friends or flatmates or at least a resident advisor watching for such things as freshers being stuck in their rooms for days on end? Or if you'd been unable to travel, wouldn't you have begged her to go to A&E or at least the uni med centre? After all, you had an idea that it was serious, as you went, so if you couldn't go and feared she wouldn't manage to seek help, wouldn't you have called help in for her?

I'm glad for you all that you could go and that you went and it all seems to be working out and I fear that saying this to a parent will be unpopular, but I don't think that trip should be mentioned in the same context as essential workers being left stranded. If that trip hadn't happened due to lack of fuel, things still should have worked out.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'm pissed off that student welfare systems failed to the point you felt you needed to go on such a mercy mission.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom