Drago's murder deathkill slaughter massacre panic petrol buying watch!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

Nope they don't but you get wet😄🚴

Rain? Surely thats why hats were invented!
1632741332292.png

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
All the local stations are empty and have been so for 2 days at least. Late yesterday afternoon, eastbound traffic on the A2 was at a virtual standstill as the queue outside the empty-and-closed-in-any-case-until-8-this-morning-pumps stretched back far enough to render all traffic stationary. Cars couldn't get out of the Sainsburys car park either because panickers had blocked all the exit routes. Surreally, many drivers in the Panic Lane had left their engines running....

I've got 80 miles' worth in my tank. My daughter up in Bexley has 88 and it's no easier to find fuel in her neck of the woods. This looks like it's going to last for a fair while.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Crisis, what crisis?

I put £57 worth in the Cmax yesterday without the need to queue.

It's only a Ford hatchback, which at least indicates I was in genuine need of a refill.

Were I being uber responsible, I could have put in half that amount which would have lasted a couple of weeks, although my usual habit is to wait for the fuel light to come on then fill the tank.

I passed two petrol stations on a short journey this morning, no queues at either.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A bloke on GB News said the current situation is an example of a phenomenon known as the bullwhip effect.

Apparently, fluctuations in retail demand produce ever increasing effects further up the supply chain, creating an uneven wave like a cracked bullwhip.

He also said it can be difficult to flatten the wave again.

Demand decreases once all the panic buyers are satisfied, the supply chain responds to that, but the process can repeat itself when all those buyers fill up again in a few weeks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullwhip_effect

Top Bottom