Drago's murder deathkill slaughter massacre panic petrol buying watch!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
People often say this but..... how many have Turkey other than Christmas day and maybe boxing day in the curry! ^_^
We will have turkey thighs or a turkey breast a few times a year outside Christmas. I love a good turkey thigh. We wouldn't normally buy a whole turkey any other time, because it is just too big for the two of us to eat. Even the Christmas one usually does 3-4 main meals plus a few snacks and sandwiches.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Filled up in Tesco Ely no problems this evening, no queues, nothing. One gallon can for the mower, then stuck the nozzle in the car and made it up to £30.

Only downside, it's gone up nearly 10p a litre. Hey ho.

Managed to get carrots and cornflour in there today, but I wanted croissants and there weren't any. No cocktail sticks either. Funny, they seem to be having problems with products starting with a C... :laugh:
Are you aware that most mowers wont handle E10 very well. We need to use super duper in them now :blink:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
An interesting development. Europa, a major haulier based in the SE, have quit the Road Haulage Association. Europa blame the RHA in large part for bringing the crisis about, with their deliberate campaign of leaks and publicising of confidential material to which they were privy. Oo-er matron!

Reynard

Guru
Are you aware that most mowers wont handle E10 very well. We need to use super duper in them now :blink:

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Failing that, I can always chuck in a gallon of E5 alongside it. My mower* has a 2 gallon tank. :smile:

* Westwood S1300 with a briggs & stratton lump in it.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Encourage the kids to take an interest in geology, then they will welcome a lump of coal as a Yule present.
The Factoid thread is that that way -------->

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It looked pretty normal on yesterday's and today's rides, but about 15p/l more expensive than before all this shoot.

dodgy

Im hearing on the grapevine that the combustible road fuel situation is not completely normal hereabouts now.
All seems normal here, it never got particularly bad from what I saw on Wirral, some days I went out on bike rides intending to ride past a few garages to see the chaos but was disappointed. I hear it was much worse in the SE.

All seems normal here, it never got particularly bad from what I saw on Wirral,
Sainsbury in Prenton had several hundred top ups of £10 - 20, and that figure ignores the once a week £10 - 20 regulars. Fuel station closed early 3 days. FB/WA local was alive with 'tanker spotted' I'm led to believe. Queue into fuel station was down to Lewis Reed on several occasions, Bowness/Cumberland residents not so happy with that at all, pig of a junction at best of times.

Sainsbury in Prenton had several hundred top ups of £10 - 20, and that figure ignores the once a week £10 - 20 regulars. Fuel station closed early 3 days. FB/WA local was alive with 'tanker spotted' I'm led to believe. Queue into fuel station was down to Lewis Reed on several occasions, Bowness/Cumberland residents not so happy with that at all, pig of a junction at best of times.
BP by me had run out several times. Cars queueing back onto the main roads at a few garages I saw. Definitely not normal behaviour.

All back to normal now though. I filled up on Saturday - it was 2p a litre more than the last time about two months back ?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Having done a 100 mile stretch of the A14 (Felixstowe to Thrapston) both ways on the first weekend of the mass stupidity, then the whole length plus the M1 to Leicester and back yesterday, it's safe to say things are back to normal. Back in September there was much lower levels of traffic and, even with the cruise control set at 70mph, I was doing most of the overtaking and in the middle or outside lane more often than not. Yesterday with the same speed set, I was back into the inside & middle lanes for most of the trip and the (insert German/SUV stereotype vehicles) drivers were back to their normal higher speeds.

General traffic volumes have also been increasing steadily and the local fuel station upped the price of both petrol & diesel by 3p per litre this morning.

Top Bottom