Drago's murder deathkill slaughter massacre panic petrol buying watch!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just come back from Tesco and the petrol station was pretty much empty - no sign of problem here for many days

I was wondering - the petrol (unleaded) was 139 (probably .9) how much is it around the country?

and I wonder when it will start going back to a more normal level - whatever that is??

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's 139 ish in South Manchester at the supermarket, but not needed to fill up as I'm cycling to work instead. ;)

Mrs D went out in my car this morning and stopped tomtop it up for me. She advises no problems, but only super unleaded and the premium diesel are available.

That stuff's better for your engine. My Discovery gets more to the gallon with super diesel than the ordinary stuff. It doesn't quite cover the extra cost of the premium stuff on a pence per mile basis, but it's also supposed to be better for your engine because of the additives. If the garage has the stuff, I usually take it in preference to the normal stuff.

A bargain compared to the price I saw at Cairn Lodge services on the M74 yesterday, as I drove past (something I like to do with motorway services - and KEEP driving past the miserable, overpriced, dirty, horrible places that they are!) who were selling unleaded at 152ppl, and a few pence more for diesel. Locally it has gone up 2p per litre in the last few days, now at 138ppl.. Haven't seen queues anywhere, nor closed forecourts, since day 2 of the "crisis".

I wonder how much Southwaite services are charging? For some reason they have always thought that a premium of about 20% is a fair mark up for their special brand of fuel. Nobbers. Far better pulling off the M6 at junction 42 and using the Golden Fleece (!!) petrol station just off the roundabout at the top of the slip road. Expect a lot of HGV's though, but they do have separate pumps for cars. There is also a Tesco petrol station just off the M6 at junction 43. If this post has cost Southwaite just one customer then I will sleep better at night, the robbing bar stewards.

Tebay is a nice stop for coffee and the farm shop, although not cheap. We often stop at the southbound one on the way to Liverpool. Spend enough and you get 15p a litre off your fuel. Which makes it a bit more expensive than normal fuel, rather than sell-a-kidney expensive.

Tesco here was £1.39 a couple of days ago - yesterday it was £1.40

so still going up

Walking past the BP station they are 10p per litre higher than Asda. I also noticed that of the three houses opposite the forecourt - two have gone electric. Clearly more convenient to fill up on the drive than 10 yards away.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Im in the studio tonight with the band. The studio is next door to a BP so i'll do a recce of prices and availability on my way out.
I think you need to introduce Sensational Alex Harvey Band track Faith Healer in to your repertoire. Great piece of music and not heard enough. 😎

Only at a couple of stations near Ely close enough to think they've got competition? 143 for E10 seemed more common, and up as high as 146 at that little one south of Stretham on Monday. No queues.

That one just on the south side of Streatham is always a bit spendy. BP garage at the Black Bank side of Littleport was 143 last time I looked. Other than the independent that's on the A10 between Ely & Littleport, Tesco are pretty well much the cheapest out here.

Apple Green in Chatteris near the big Aldi is cheap as well, but it's out of my way.

Top Bottom