Drago's snow watch alert stand by readiness defcon 1 action stations code red reporting photo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Ive not been in for two days now, not my fault but due to lilly livered work shy teachers. Still, hes got to level 24 on Call of Duty, so alls not lost.

Dangerous ground... ;) But, of my four daughters and the two grand-daughters who are old enough to work, only two, have not made it to work, on ANY of the days it has snowed. Yes......... they are both Teachers..... coincidence of course.......

screenman

Legendary Member
Ive not been in for two days now, not my fault but due to lilly livered work shy teachers. Still, hes got to level 24 on Call of Duty, so alls not lost.

Not the teachers who call the shots on this one, by why not have a go at them as many people seem to nowadays.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
To be fair, its the only day they've had in 4 odd years to justify their ridiculous purchasing decision.
My wife is a carer and in my opinion acted like a true hero last night doing her best to get through to as many of her patients as she could, who all seem to live in the back end of beyond down little country lanes. Unfortunately she got stuck on the final steepest section of the final hill before she got home. My son and I walked down there, about 1.5miles, did a bit of digging put the chains on and we all got home safe and sound just gone midnight. There were a few people putting their numbers out offering to help with their 4x4s, which is kind of nice of them in a way although I would suspect there was a fair dose of machismo involved too. I'm not sure I'd be too comfortable getting towed anywhere by some of them.

dickyknees

Guru
The storm force north easterly wind last night has utterly devastated Holyhead Marina.

67E33CB3-E6C8-4D95-B502-6DDA9E6E747E.jpeg
DF81B865-8789-47EC-9935-0A3D157BC403.jpeg
9B889326-2E7B-4A73-AE36-97B39A1CDCFE.jpeg
D8DA215A-D0C4-4008-8700-AD8B61F5EC2F.jpeg

Attachments

• 2D61D3BE-C575-4D8C-8CE5-FA3BC445784B.jpeg
    2D61D3BE-C575-4D8C-8CE5-FA3BC445784B.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 73

Colin_P

Guru
I successfully drove to Waitrose and back in the snow for quinoa.

Actually, nipped to the co-op to top up on bacon. (the co-ops extra fine dry cured streaky / 2 for £5 is lush and cooks without that white snot like stuff that comes out of the cheap stuff). I bought loads of baked beans and bread (which is in the freezer) last week when this lot was first forecast.

The trick with panic buying is to do it before everyone else panics, otherwise all that is left are "value" baked beans and obscure pumpernickle bread or other equally vile stuff that is no use to man nor beast for making bacon sandwiches.

screenman

Legendary Member
Popped into the post office today, walked up as the roads and paths are very poor, in the few minutes we were in there 3 persons phoned in to ask why their papers had not yet arrived. What planet are these moaners on.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Walked a mile or so out the village walking the dog before last light. In all we have had maybe a foot or 14" or sonin this part of Poshshire, but the drifts are 4 or 5 feet deep. We got it pretty mild compared to parts of Scotland and the Sarf West, but its bad enough.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
This thread and the images drags me way back when in the 80's working in a 1 hour developing studio I used to dread Snowfall the influx of Snow pictures which are a nightmare to process as evidenced here, dark and too blue!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, our village is now cut off. A hardy, well equipped soul might get out to Roade on foot, but otherwise I ain't going nowhere unless a snowmobile is air dropped to me.

Fortunately, I'm well stocked up with food and fuel, so this is fine by me

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Well, our village is now cut off. A hardy, well equipped soul might get out to Roade on foot, but otherwise I ain't going nowhere unless a snowmobile is air dropped to me.

Fortunately, I'm well stocked up with food and fuel, so this is fine by me
We're only perhaps 15 miles away but it sounds like a different country. 6 inches or so around here.

Top Bottom