1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drago's snow watch alert stand by readiness defcon 1 action stations code red reporting photo thread

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by Drago, 9 Dec 2017.

1. PeteXXX

PeteXXX Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Quick stupid o’clock ride after w*rk.... unrideable, but fun!
    -4 with 7 or 8” of snow in a few places.
    Bottled it after half a mile or so and slithered back home :laugh:
  2. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

It is only a 1 mile section of road that is blocked.
  3. screenman

They have something in common with many cyclist then.
    byegad and raleighnut like this.
  4. cyberknight

cyberknight Guru

South Derbyshire
    Pasted from a face fluff post showing road conditions i enjoyed on the way home just now i had a work mate who had to push , had to dig my way up the final hill to my house as well.Glad i took the spade with me

Rickshaw Phil likes this.
  5. Saluki

Saluki I've run away with my friends to..

...New Tealandia
    Today will be my 3rd day without pay. Tuesday was my day off. I am a bit worried about next Friday. I doubt that I will get in tomorrow, at this rate.
    dave r likes this.
  6. screenman

Going out for a walk soon, but certainly not taking the car out. I think your journey to work is still blocked, stay safe.
    dave r likes this.
  7. OP

Drago Guru

Our village is cut off. 5 foot snowdrifts on two roads, a jack knifed lorry on the third. Could probably get out on the third road by MTB/foot if necessary, but I've no reason to go out.
  8. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

But do you have evidence for this ?

My minimal research suggests that BBC Reporters actually suffer a reduction in pay if they dare to wear a hat on camera.
    Drago likes this.
  9. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

Commuted by foot this morning just over a mile and half on direct route so just over 15 mins nice brisk walk , could have been done on the mtb but other half has stolen the garage keys .

Fair degree of shallow drifting but mainly ok
    dave r and Drago like this.
  10. hopless500

hopless500 Trundling along

Screenshot_20180302-093253.png Currently cut off too. Most villages here are. Just round the corner we have a wee bit of a drift (local posted it on our fb page)....
  11. OP

Drago Guru

Ah, the reduction in pay only kicks in if they forget to describe terrorists as "poor misunderstood souls who simply need a cuddle", or forget to address the audience as " comrades".

Going back to the snow, the good news is I'm sure I can get to the pub.

The bad news is our heating has packed up. I suspect the condensate pipe is frozen or the outlet blocked with snow. The good news is the wood burner is keeping the whole house nicely toastie.
    raleighnut likes this.
  12. Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil Overconfidentii Vulgaris Staff Member

Just been out for a play in the snow:

Struggled with the conditions even with snow tyres on and had to get off and push in a few places. Stopped to help push someone who had got properly stuck - no choice for them but to turn round and head home.

A difficult day for travel.
  13. BoldonLad

BoldonLad Senior Member

South Tyneside
    My youngest daughter is an NHS Worker (not a high flyer, but, one of the lowly essentials). She starts work at 7:00am, in a hospital approximately 8 miles from where she lives, and travels by public transport. She has to leave her home at 06:00am, walk a mile, then, take the metro to work. She has made it to work, on time, every one of the last four days of "amber warning" snow. I am rather proud of her, maybe I should tell her that?
  14. OP

Drago Guru

She drives a Metro to work in this weather? Madness!
    dave r likes this.
  15. Regulator

Regulator Not a SPM snowflake.

You should!
    gavgav, Rickshaw Phil and hopless500 like this.