Drago's snow watch alert stand by readiness defcon 1 action stations code red reporting photo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
School shut for the second day running. I've never known 2 snow days in a row before. Today i am not grumpy as Thursday is usually a ridiculously busy day for me.

Schools closed again tomorrow, that's 3 days in a row...... Never had 3 days off for snow before

Venod

Eh up
26055952_10214372993869615_1487809187174438139_n.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
Dug the car out of the snow again and made it into work today. I have a choice what to do about not getting into work yesterday......take a days pay cut or take it as annual leave.

Going to make damn sure I rock up tomorrow despite plod saying not to drive.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/D...chief-2f83e3cb-55b2-414c-a7fd-bd90a04f04b5-ds

I have lost 3 days income this week, I would hate to put myself in a position where a I needed help from any services just for the sake of a few bob.

Colin_P

Guru
An observation about this snow;

We have not had a great deal of it here in East Berkshire in the Thames Valley but have had enough to what ordinarily cause chaos on the roads. We have also experienced very low temperatures, was -7c last night with windchill much colder.

The snow though, I like it, it is not the usual snow we get with it being so much colder and so much drier than when we usually get a dumping. It is easy to drive on and easy to cycle on compared to the much wetter semi slushy stuff we normally get.

This snow we have had must be like the foreign snow that foreigners get and foreigners gloat to us about never causing them any issues. Give them normal semi slushy, melty and re-freezy good old fashioned British snow and Jonny Foreigner wouldn't be so gloaty.

screenman

Legendary Member
There is a village near us called Southrey many of you may have ridden through it on the Lincoln to Boston route, it is totally impassable by car, with the road covered in drifts. Now go back not too many years and a local farmer would have cleared it, how times have changed.

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5168188, member: 259"]I think you're wildly exaggerating what a farmer could have done.[/QUOTE]

A lot of them have a snow plough attachment, my driveway is being cleared tomorrow by one.

screenman

Legendary Member
It's getting tricky outside. Have just watched two vehicles struggling to get past the house on the very slight slope. Goodness knows what'll happen when they come to an actual hill.

Shouldn't laugh...... but I'm going to.:giggle:

Why is that funny, they could be emergency service workers in their way too or from work.

Colin_P

Guru
[QUOTE 5168188, member: 259"]I think you're wildly exaggerating what a farmer could have done.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I've never met a farmer that isn't a moany miserable goat. It must be something they learn at farmer school.

Top Bottom