Drago's snow watch alert stand by readiness defcon 1 action stations code red reporting photo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
There is a picture on the Lincolnite site of a Red Arrow on the ground, you can only see the tail above the snow.

Quite a way down the page.

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2018/03/live-lincoln-snow-watch-traffic-travel-2/
Going by the news coverage on that page it must be the most excitement the News Editor and Lincolnshire have had for some while.....! The drama! :-)

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Just got in from doing an 200 km ride. Sadly I forgot to start my strava and my phone with all the pictures I took fell out my pocket and got smashed.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Serious question, is there anywhere in the UK where there is no snow at the moment?

Very little here in Cambridge. All places around us have several inches+ but we have just had a few dustings.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
1444121249_ab675040.gif

KneesUp

Guru
No photos, but ...

The guy down the hill from us is a bit of a miserable sod. Never helps anyone but himself, tries to reserve three parking spaces outside his house by strategically placing bins - that sort of idiot.

As I was almost home today I hear scraping. It was him talking the snow off the side of his van so you could see his logo, before going up the hill. Thinking it might be good to watch, I slowed down. He got off his drive. He got over the relatively flat bit of the hill. He got to the steeper bit of the hill. He stopped. His wheels span. The van went sideways. He let it roll back down the hill to his drive, and parked up.

I reported this to the fragant Mrs Knees, who was surprised - mainly because she'd see him do exactly the same thing in the previous hour and a half. Twice.

He seems quite keen to get off our road. And I know the roads beyond are clear. I'm also 99% sure he'd get up our hill in reverse, and there is room to turn it around in the flat bit. He's not tried reverse. I'm not going to tell him because he's a miserable sod.

It amuses me more that Mrs Knees has just gone out to the theatre in our bog standard front wheel drive family hatch without so much as a twitch of wheelspin because it has winter tyres on. I like to think Mr Miserbale is sat at home cursing. I look forward to seeing him try again later.

Top Bottom