Drago's snow watch alert stand by readiness defcon 1 action stations code red reporting photo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

siadwell

Guru
No snow here in Surrey. Pity, 'cos if it starts I'm pi$$ing off.

cuberider

Über Member
Not snowing here today, but Ice is the problem as everything that came down over the weekend is solid ice.

Typically I'm on an early start tomorrow needing to drive over the Cat and Fiddle in an MX-5 and it's forecast -7 overnight. :cold:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Beautiful blue skies here today. A stark contrast to the very grey sky we had yesterday. Still a lot of snow on the ground and trees, and a predicted drop in temp to about -12 tonight means the roads will be treacherous in the morning. Glad i don't work. ^_^. Stay safe folks.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Some snaps from today for those who like them:
DSC0005613 Edit.jpg

The cars needed a bit of clearing before use.

DSC0005617.jpg

DSC0005618.jpg

DSC0005619.jpg

Views from Lyth Hill.

gavgav

Guru
The snow depth had reached its final level of 12 inches, when I dug my way into the car, to begin the treacherous journey to work, this morning.

Only 3 miles and with being one of the nearest to the office, I had to make the effort.

Biggest problem was getting out of the Estate roads, to begin with, as they are still unadopted and owned by the builders, meaning they hadn’t been treated in any shape or form. Eventually got out and onto the main roads, which were 20mph 2nd gear job all the way to work.

Then the fun started!!

Firstly, the entry barrier had frozen up and wouldn’t work. The receptionist eventually got it working with a kettle of hot water :laugh:

Then we were all stuck on the slight incline and had to push 3 cars to get them moving. Mine coped pretty well and only needed a small shove, but others weren’t having it at all.

We then basically ploughed into the foot of snow on the car park, as far as we could get until stuck!

Snowplough turned up (we are a hospital site) this afternoon and cleared some of the snow, but still had to dig the car out of where I had abandoned it, to get the journey home started.

When this all freezes as badly as it’s expected to overnight, I fear tomorrow could be even worse :eek:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Work mate phoned meat 5.30 this morning offering a lift and i accepted, glad i did , walking down the hill to meet him i saw a cyclist sliding about , and the last mile of my commute is a cyclepath that looked like an ice rink .On the way home you could see plenty of frozen snow in sheltered spots under trees and hedges.
forecast -15 tonight
Definitely took him up on the offer of a lift tomorrow .

Top Bottom