Drago's tour of Le Frenchie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Off to garlic land in about half an hour. Catching the night ferry so I can run the gauntlet of illegals in the dark. Then I'll be pretending I've forgotten about driving on the right and I'll drive down the wrong side of Le Motorway to the far side of the capital of chocolate for breakfast land.

If I survive the outward journey I'll submit a sitrep.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Off to garlic land in about half an hour. Catching the night ferry so I can run the gauntlet of illegals in the dark. Then I'll be pretending I've forgotten about driving on the right and I'll drive down the wrong side of Le Motorway to the far side of the capital of chocolate for breakfast land.

Have fun, we stayed at the garlic farm when we went to the Isle of Wight.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

What ferry you getting?

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
When I went to the South of France in 1987 we did a lot of riding round quite remote places which were very farming based. Anyway I couldnt believe it when a french man cycled past in a dark jumper with a string of onions round his neck. It was straight up and not a p take.
Enjoy your break.
I'm old enough to remember French onion sellers on bicycles.
We used to have one cycle down our road in Birmingham in the 1950s - beret, stripey jumper and all.
Mind you, our milkman had a horse and float as well. :smile:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don't think you'll be bumping into cyclists with strings of onions, more like frenchies rushing over the channel to get their supplies of Heinz Salad Cream which is outlawed in France.
Have fun.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Don't forget to shout loudly in English... Frenchies just love that, and they'll understand you more easily.

:whistle:

Top Bottom