Drago's tour of Le Frenchie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, the journey started well with me reversing Mrs D's car into my house, causing slight damage to the bumper. At first I was rather pitched off, but then joyously relieved when I remembered that we don't own it, so why should I care?

Thats a very poor attitude. It's people like you that causes everyone elses insurance premiums to rocket .blah blah..^_^ have a smashing holiday:okay:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Its a scuff. I'll make sure that the car is suitably middy when the lease ends and we swap it for a new one ;)

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Only if you're caught ;)

In all seriousness, you're permitted fair wear and tear in the contract. The odd scuff and blemish won't upset them, but huge dents, panels hanging off etc, kinda upset them.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Does he work the ferries? Would be a cracking photo op if he is about.

Missus was crying cos she's missing the dog, so I rang the old boy who is looking after Lemmy for me. He's loving it, think he's enjoying the company. He was trying - half heartedly I'm sure - to stop my Lemmy having it away with a lady German Shepherd this morning, so I may have a parternity suite on my hands... not that I'd be too worried because I'd love a German Sheprador.

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
I CAN ORDER A COFFEE IN FRENCH, SIEVE YOU PLAY.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
*Makes a note about Drago's return ferry and drops an email to his mate in Customs*. :evil:

Make sure he goes the full "James Herriot"
veterinary_gloves.jpg

woodbutcher

Veteran
Aye, 37 today

Met Minnie mouse. More interestingly, met some squaddies patrolling outside. My French is as poor as their English, but they managed to get across they're from an infantry unit, and showed no interest whatsoever when I told them I was back in the day.

Small lads, whippet like, but serious - four man patrol, 2 elements well apart so the same burst/bomb won't take both out. Classic patrol pattern, point man drops and starts targetting while the second lays down covering fire.

They weren't great conversationalists, and photos were a big no no. It was like, "nice to meet you, now sod off you has-been."

Still, to me it was more interesting than Disney, although the purpose of the visit if for Mini Drago's 6th Birthday, not for me to have fun.
Sounds like you all had a good day in different ways, sometimes it is easy to forget, even when living here that France is under continuing marshall law and the police and army take it seriously, maybe a bit too seriously sometimes.l guess they didn't want to be distracted from the job :cuppa:.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
@Salty seadog I was quite surprised that Kentplod officers were doing the passport checks. Is that normal?

And thanks form the hospitality offer in principle.

Well the French border checks are done in Dover by PAF. (French border guards) and the English checks are done in Calais by the border agency. Kent police sometimes do checks after the PAF checks. Most of the time they are not even there and even when they are they don't often stop you.

Top Bottom