Drago's tour of Le Frenchie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I guess I looked a bit dodgy!
You guess?!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I've had my moments at the UK border as my passport photo shows a much younger and "better fed" Bollo. They also seem to take issue with Mrs Dr B's non-whiteness. It's like Mixed Blessings had never been made!

Contrast that with the French border force. The only time they've ever checked the guy wafted at our passports before describing the 15 year old Bolletta "très jolie", which didn't sound as dodgy as you'd expect.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
More squaddies today. Had a good look at the beret badge and these boys were The Legion, probably the best expeditionary infantry unit in the World (after the old Royal Green Jackets) so I felt pretty safe. I counted three separate patrols, but there were probably more. Safe indeed.

Met Micky, Donald, Woody, Minnie Mouse. Went on a rollercoaster to be told by a nice young French lass that I scream like a girl. This true.

A touch cooler today, but still North of 30. I've had a skin cancer scare before so I always cover up and slather on the sun goo but I'm still browner than a 1950's movie Arab.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye laddie, young 'uns love it. To be fair, even crotchety old me is enjoying it. Mrs D has a disabled pass, so we jump to the front of every queue! Queueing for an hour to got on the rather superb ratatouille ride is so passée.

I know the staff are paid to be treacly nice, but they've all been warm and friendly and genuinely seem to enjoy watching the smiles on the faces of the young kids.

To only down side are some of my fellow Britishers. The moment the mercury rises above 20C its t shirts off the men, much to the muttered discomfort of our continental cousins. Indeed, its pretty easy to spot the British - they're the fat ones.

PS, Tuesday I'll post your post ;)

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
In Milano yesterday, I saw various Italian men in their 60s with their shirts off in the mid 30s heat, and they had their large potbellies on show. This didn't seem to bother anyone (although they did all have very non British tans).

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
A bit cooler today. Forecast is for 23C, so nice and comfortable.

IMG_20170623_095017.jpg

Edit - the eagle eyed will be able to spot the scrape of shame at the bottom left of the car.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Met Darth Vader today. I'm ever so chuffed. Been a fan of his work crushing the rebel alliance for a long time. And that force induced chokey thing he does, just sublime.

Took on a burger challenge - ate a 1kg beef, bacon and cheese burger with fries. The mad Englishman got a fanfare and party poppers, and a free milkshake to celebrate his feat. The waiter went from smug knowitallness at then stupid Englishman, and as I ate his emotions went through astonishment and finally settled in alarm. That'll teach French ie to challenge an Englishman to a feat of skill and endurance.

By 'eck though have I got the farts now!

Crowds annoy me at the best of times, and they're starting to grate now. One rude woman in particular got a withering stare (as far as I'd dare go in a foreign land with strange laws) of sufficient menace to have her friend apologise and quickly usher her away.

Top Bottom