Drago's tour of Le Frenchie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, the journey started well with me reversing Mrs D's car into my house, causing slight damage to the bumper. At first I was rather pitched off, but then joyously relieved when I remembered that we don't own it, so why should I care?

Now on the ferry. Lots of foreign folk. Proper ones, not 1950s movie white blokes with blacked out faces. All very cosmopolitan.

Night drive down Le Motorway commences soon.

Dave7

Legendary Member
You are giving me withdrawal symptoms. We first went in 1982. Holidayed all across the south and twice in the north/west. All great holidays. But that was when the quite liked us :smile:
Enjoy.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Just in case you didn't know Let Man's was last week .

Pop in and see @woodbutcher you can't miss his chateau it's the one with all the bikes outside .

Have fun
I hope you have your sun hat Drago, it is hot, hot, hot here around 35 to 37 c in the afternoon as lm sure you have noticed by now !!
Have a great holiday :sun:belay that last temp. ....its 40c this afternoon :sweat:

Last edited:
I wos expekting everee thong to be witten in Fronch.

Last edited:

woodbutcher

Veteran
I don't think you'll be bumping into cyclists with strings of onions, more like frenchies rushing over the channel to get their supplies of Heinz Salad Cream which is outlawed in France.
Have fun.
Intermarche has a small but well stocked "foreign food" section in other words British where you can buy such forbidden treasures:smile:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I hope you have your sun hat Drago, it is hot, hot, hot here around 35 to 37 c in the afternoon as lm sure you have noticed by now !!
Have a great holiday :sun:belay that last temp. ....its 40c this afternoon :sweat:

Aye, 37 today

Met Minnie mouse. More interestingly, met some squaddies patrolling outside. My French is as poor as their English, but they managed to get across they're from an infantry unit, and showed no interest whatsoever when I told them I was back in the day.

Small lads, whippet like, but serious - four man patrol, 2 elements well apart so the same burst/bomb won't take both out. Classic patrol pattern, point man drops and starts targetting while the second lays down covering fire.

They weren't great conversationalists, and photos were a big no no. It was like, "nice to meet you, now sod off you has-been."

Still, to me it was more interesting than Disney, although the purpose of the visit if for Mini Drago's 6th Birthday, not for me to have fun.

Top Bottom