Dream Tour: If you were given time off with all the gear / expenses paid for - where would you go?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Sat at my desk looking out at the dreary autumnal weather, I wondered where we might all go if we were given paid time off work for a few months and all your bikes, gear and expenses were covered?

I think I'd like to tour Thailand - it seems to have lots of natural beauty and areas where time has stood still and the old ways and traditions linger on.

How about you? All expenses paid and a few months to explore anywhere in the world - where would you go on tour?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

SWSteve

Guru
I would love to visit India, so maybe a trip cycling from north to south. I'm not sure if the future Mrs Steve would be too happy about all the cycling (if she chose to join me)

I will join you. But would like to extend it beyond Thailand to all other neighboring countries.

Failing that, Central and South America. I have cycled in Central America and Cuba at this time of the year and it is just so wonderful. Will be happy to join if someone could have a word with my employer.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I would love to visit India, so maybe a trip cycling from north to south. I'm not sure if the future Mrs Steve would be too happy about all the cycling (if she chose to join me)
She'll be fine with it and will happily come along for the ride - it's a dream tour - it's all good ... :laugh:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Jump on the tandem with Mrs Cisamcgu on the back, point the front wheel at Istanbul and start to pedal.

or, alternatively, jump on a nice new bike, start in New England somewhere and start to ride south west towards San Diego

rualexander

Legendary Member
Ride through Scandinavia to Russia, take Trans Siberian Express to east coast, ferry (if there still is one) to Japan and tour round Japan for three months or so.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
USA for me. A visit to all 52 States.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Never really thought about such an undertaking but would probably start off playing it safe by kicking off in Greece and heading up through the Western Balkans then in to Italy for a good mooch around before crossing Southern France into Spain. If things were going well at this point I would like to cross into Africa to try my luck in Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia. If things were still working out ok then I would continue right down the East African coastal countries to South Africa and end with a couple of weeks relaxing in a single location before flying home.

Vancouver to San Diego is a dream I have at present, hoping to put it into reality in the next few years. But that's only about six weeks and I don't like short holidays. :smile:

For me, Australia would be the desired destination. I've cycled Sydney to Adelaide already, and would like to ride the coast roads where possible/manageable. Darwin to Perth to Adelaide is a long term dream, to be followed at some time from Darwin to Brisbane to Sydney.

Top Bottom