Drift HD vs Countour HD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I only know applications on OS X which can do this. Windows on the other hand... no idea. Any sort of video editing software should be able to facilitate this.

Mac-Smachk ;)

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I have an "old" copy of PowerDirector Deluxe 8 you can have, I no longer need it as I upgraded my PC to 64bit and bought PowerDirector 10 to take advantage of all those bits.

Appreciate that but my mate just made the same offer

Is 10 that much better than 8?

BSRU

A Human Being
Appreciate that but my mate just made the same offer

Is 10 that much better than 8?
It's alot faster but pretty similar, although it has features I have not tried, such as producing 3D videos, which I play with in the spring/summer.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
With the helmet mount, you will need to use blu tack or something similar to prevent the small metal bar coming loose, it holds the part that connects to the camera with the part attached to the helmet.
Also, the straps on my mount kept working loose, so I ditch them and use four thick cable ties instead.
For added security I use two lanyards attached to the camera and my helmet, just in case.

metal bar ? cant seem to find one TBH mate

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
The could have changed the design as it was a weak point. If it exists it will be the part which allows the angle of the camera to be adjusted up or down by a few degrees.

This is the one I am referring to:-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004KZUJ...de=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B004KZUJOI

thats the one I got yeah, maybe its been revised then ?

Glow worm

Legendary Member
You need Storyteller. I would suggest turning it up to max

I might have a go with that too as a last resort. I've just bought a contour HD and have almost given up already. It records and then suddenly stops for no reason despite the huge memory card I bought. , anything it does record, is very choppy and not smooth at all. If I plug it in to my work laptop, the camera suddenly decides it's 2008 all over again and I have to re configure everything when I get home. I've tried downloading something called a 'codec' (WTFIT?) as advised but to no avail. None of the steps on the countour website for the download matched what appeared on screen during it. All in all a straggering failure. If I set up an easel on my bars and painted what I saw it would be quicker!

My biggest problem is I'm a complete technophobe so I guess I need an idiots guide. Everything I see seems to asssume I'm Stephen feckin' Speilberg.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I might have a go with that too as a last resort. I've just bought a contour HD and have almost given up already. It records and then suddenly stops for no reason despite the huge memory card I bought. , anything it does record, is very choppy and not smooth at all. If I plug it in to my work laptop, the camera suddenly decides it's 2008 all over again and I have to re configure everything when I get home. I've tried downloading something called a 'codec' (WTFIT?) as advised but to no avail. None of the steps on the countour website for the download matched what appeared on screen during it. All in all a straggering failure. If I set up an easel on my bars and painted what I saw it would be quicker!

My biggest problem is I'm a complete technophobe so I guess I need an idiots guide. Everything I see seems to asssume I'm Stephen feckin' Speilberg.
How big a memory card? Have you installed the latest firmware for your camera model?

Glow worm

Legendary Member
How big a memory card? Have you installed the latest firmware for your camera model?

Hi Gaz - It came with a 2gb card which only recorded 40 mins so I bought a bigger one (16gb). I'm not quite up to speed on firmware (to be honest, I've never heard of it!) but I'll see if I can find out whether what I have is compatible - thanks for the suggestion.

benb

Evidence based cyclist

What class memory card did you get? (this is marked on the card)

If you got a "slow" one it could be struggling to write to it quickly enough. To test this, put the original card back in and try that.

Not sure about the date problem though, that does sound odd.

BSRU

A Human Being
If you have a Contour 1080p then you need the old Easy Edit software, which is pretty useless apart from setting the time.
I always use Easy Edit for changes to my 1080p's but use StoryTeller for my C+.
The higher the quality settings/frame rate on the camera then the higher the class of memory card which is required. I always use at least a class 6 on my 1080p's and a class 10 on my C+, all bought from reputable sellers, i.e. not EBay..

Top Bottom