Drift HD vs Countour HD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The ContourHD. It's been replaced by the ROAM and prices are dropping.
It has a better image sensor than the drift.

The drift is a good camera though, has a wide angle lens (170 degrees i think) and is fully waterproof.

Read my guide to buying a helmet camera for some useful tips.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I normally look at amazon for a base price, you may be able to get it cheaper

ContourHD - £149.95
ContourROAM - £185

It's probably worth spending the extra on the ROAM, it has the new contour image sensor, rotates 270 degrees, has the 170 degree lens angle (if not in 1080p mode) and most importantly it self meters, so no need to change settings between night and day.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Just want to check, after I got burned with a Fake Pina, are these camera ever faked ?

I have found a new HD One on eBay for £129, is the price too good ?

Item No:150726259731

BSRU

A Human Being
The picture is of a Contour camera but the add states it is a SCPTECH camera, whoever they are.

Just going by the specification, it is not worth it as it is only 720p, a very old camera now and the Contour version has not been for sale for over two years.

My opinion, do not buy it.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Contour all the way I feel but it's not fully waterproof ? For sure ?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The ROAM is waterproof to 1m. Which basically means It will brave anything you throw at it cycling (unless you throw a canal at it).
The HD and + version are water resistant, in a few cases there has been water ingress with very heavy downpours, but this has not yet affected the electronics of the device.
You can buy a waterproof case for the contour cameras.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The only thing I dislike about the Contour HD is the fiddle power button. This is the biggest flaw and seems to have been rectified for the ROAM.

BSRU

A Human Being
My ContourHD 1080p's appear to be very waterproof, so much so I never use the waterproof case I have, I am not sure it is the same for all 1080p's.
My Contour Plus is not as waterproof, I have found that the only place for water ingress is the join between the rotating lens housing and the camera. I rectified this by using some clear waterproof tape I had bought from Wickes. I have commuted in two torrential downpours just this week and no sign of water ingress.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
My ContourHD 1080p's appear to be very waterproof, so much so I never use the waterproof case I have, I am not sure it is the same for all 1080p's.
My Contour Plus is not as waterproof, I have found that the only place for water ingress is the join between the rotating lens housing and the camera. I rectified this by using some clear waterproof tape I had bought from Wickes. I have commuted in two torrential downpours just this week and no sign of water ingress.

Thanks for the info

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
The ROAM is waterproof to 1m. Which basically means It will brave anything you throw at it cycling (unless you throw a canal at it).
The HD and + version are water resistant, in a few cases there has been water ingress with very heavy downpours, but this has not yet affected the electronics of the device.
You can buy a waterproof case for the contour cameras.

ok ok, the Roam is it ;)

Top Bottom