Drink four pints of beer once a week and you will gain 10 pounds a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
L

LemonJuice

It’s 1600 calories for the McMeal and beers and walking at 3 mph does not burn 500-800 calories per hour😂

I meant just the beers (so let’s just say 800 calories).

Not per hour, walking for two or three hours.

Pay attention to what I post.

Again...

“One can walk three miles an hour at a moderate pace for two or three hours and burn 500-800 calories.

One definitely burns more than 100 calories if he or she walks at a moderate pace for an hour.”

The last part is because you think someone needs to walk for about six hours which is utter rubbish. What would he/she be doing?Crawling? Rolling?

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It’s 1600 calories for the McMeal and beers and walking at 3 mph does not burn 500-800 calories per hour😂
What my point was that if INSTEAD of referring to 4 pints, the author had referred to a big mac and fries, then it wouldn't have elicited such a defensive response.

Of course if people want to have a big mac AND 4 pints that's going to take a long while to walk off.

OP
OP
L

LemonJuice

About 3 hours for just the beers. So you’ve still got to find an extra 4 hours in your week just for that.

Not at all...

If you have a job which means you are active all day then you have nothing to worry about at all because you’ll burn the calories of just by going to work.

Or, go for a walk in the morning for one hour and then go for a bike ride after work.

The choices are endless.

OP
OP
L

LemonJuice

As if YukonBoy thinks I’m a troll or whatever he used to call me, but he thinks someone needs to find four hours a week to burn off 800 calories!

classic33

Leg End Member
Surely that can’t be right. One can walk three miles an hour at a moderate pace for two or three hours and burn 500-800 calories.

One definitely burns more than 100 calories if he or she walks at a moderate pace for an hour.
Less than 500 over the three hours.

alicat

Legendary Member
But, the guy is going on as if people can’t burn off the calories of four pints easily. I mean, really? It’s about 800-900 at the most. All what someone has to do the next day (assuming he/she isn’t in an 800-900 calorie deficit anyway) is go for a walk, go to walk (if he/she is in an active job), go for a bike ride, etc.

I inferred the same as @Dogtrousers when I read the article. You seem obsessed with weight loss. I've been reducing my calorie intake since New Year and I spend no time and effort agonising about it. My BMI has gone down by about 5% to 25.5%. Just remind me what yours is? Is it time to visit your GP and show her/him some of your posts on here?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Thinking about my average consumption over the last 40 years I must be what 700 or 800lbs heavier than I would have been (maybe a lot more if I'm honest)

OP
OP
L

LemonJuice

Less than 500 over the three hours.

What is your source? What are your calculations? I mean, are you seriously suggesting someone is only going to burn at the MOST 55 calories per hour which will equal 495 calories (55 x 3 x 3)? I don’t think so.

Here is my source:

Estimate: 754 calories.

https://www.fatsecret.com/fitness/walking-(moderate)-3-mph

That’s an estimate based on someone who is 160 pounds (11.4 stone) which is fairly light and is a good weight to use. People who are heavier (many people are!) will burn MORE calories!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LemonJuice

I inferred the same as @Dogtrousers when I read the article. You seem obsessed with weight loss. I've been reducing my calorie intake since New Year and I spend no time and effort agonising about it. My BMI has gone down by about 5% to 25.5%. Just remind me what yours is? Is it time to visit your GP and show her/him some of your posts on here?

I hit the goal I wanted to ages ago, but I was too busy to post on here. I’ve lost more weight since then and I want to lose a couple of more pounds. My BMI is 64.8 now and I couldn’t be happier.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
There's no variation for weight there. Which is more important than walking speed.

From your link
"Please note that there are many factors that may contribute to your total calories expended. Total energy requirements may vary according to gender, age, muscle mass, height and other genetic and environmental factors."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom