Drink four pints of beer once a week and you will gain 10 pounds a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigMeatball

During my early working life, I spent 3 years at sea, then 2 years working in a pub. During that 5 years, and for a few subsequent years, I was, at a conservative estimate, drinking 5+ pints per DAY. I was still 10.5 stone into my mid 20's, at which point I started to calm the drinking down a bit. THAT was when I started to put weight on. These days I hardly drink at all, and struggle to keep my weight below 13.5 stone. So yes, my verdict would be that it is bollox.

It's your metabolism slowing down with age. It's not bollox, it's just you getting old.

OP
OP
L

LemonJuice

It's your metabolism slowing down with age. It's not bollox, it's just you getting old.

That’s true, but it is still not the reason why people become overweight or obese. Stay active and eat healthy and you’ll be fine.

OP
OP
L

LemonJuice

Are you sure about this? 30 is classed as obese! 😄

Loved reading this thread. Nice to start the day with a laugh........

The calories from alcohol are useless ones, much harder to shift than the odd splurge on extra food in my experience.

I’m sure about that. I eat 16” pizzas, large kebabs with chilli sauce, etc, etc.

1601288051758.jpeg

OP
OP
L

LemonJuice

I think most of the alcoholics I've known had a body weight which fell within the "healthy" guidelines.

Most of those people will be what is known as “skinny fat”. I was referring to people who are genuinely lean people.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Don’t start crying because I noticed your inability to comprehend one of my posts.

Suck it up, buttercup.

I’ll pay the you the compliment of believing that you think someone burns more than 45 calories per mile.

Come now, you are not in the play ground with your fellow five year olds. Just that if you are going the fake an account and character, at least try and stay the same persona rather than flit about. You were doing so well until now.

P.S. The 45 calories per mile comment wasn't mine, suggest you might like to go to Specsavers.:eek::eek::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom