"Driver calls 999 to report a cyclist for refusing to leap out of her way"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
In so much of a rush that she stops, once she can squeeze past, for a twatwaffle 😂

A classic example of road rage. Guilty as hell. If only we had some coppers who weren't bent and would be prepared to take the cyclists side.
But the car driver is always right. Cyclist should be careful of reporting this or he might get done for causing an obstruction by stopping in the road.

winjim

Smash the cistern
You can't say to someone 'You'll be on YouTube later' and not expect them to come back at you. That is quite threatening. Should have just shrugged and let her get on with it. Yes, she was wrong but he chose to escalate the situation. I wonder if he would have been so bold had it been a burly bloke in the car rather than a woman with children.

But, and I mean this in all sincerity, it's the kids I feel sorry for. They're clearly distressed and she's modelling some pretty poor behaviour. I don't know if they were crying and stressing her out before the incident, it could be that she was already on a pretty short fuse, but it's them that need attention and support in this situation.

A classic example of road rage. Guilty as hell. If only we had some coppers who weren't bent and would be prepared to take the cyclists side.
But the car driver is always right. Cyclist should be careful of reporting this or he might get done for causing an obstruction by stopping in the road.
Had a friend who had an episode with a woman cyclist at a roundabout about while driving . He said the women was yelling at his wife and him. A few hours later and at night he heard firm knocking. 2 coppers were at the door and served him a traffic infringement summons. He was shocked at the speed and the need to send 2 coppers in the night. It turned out that the cyclist was a Policewoman from the same station as the 2 superheroes.

I know this chap and he probably did it. He of the "I pay road tax" lot. But the bent copper image was reinforced that night from all those he or his wife told the story to. The effort, the urgency, the muscles involved painted a sorry image of the Force. One of the common stories you hear is the lack of resources, unable to follow-thru a case etc. So this flew in the face of all that. Why do they do it?

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'd have moved over a bit waved her through when safe to do so. No hassle .
His claim seems to be that it wasn't safe to do so, although obviously the video begins at the point where the driver starts giving some aggro so we can't judge for ourselves. According to the cyclist's YouTube comments, she'd been behind him on winding narrow roads for about three minutes prior to the start of the video. Now I'm not making a judgement as to what he should or shouldn't have done, legally or otherwise, but three minutes can feel like an awfully long time and can cover a fair distance.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
From my hearing, there was an engine sound for maybe 2-3 seconds before the car revs up to pass. During that time it’s hard too see a space to allow a safe pass by motorist. Whilst I agree the driver was wrong to begin the altercation, the cyclist should of just ignored there comments. They could then have uploaded the video to YouTube as a private video ensuring that there is a permanent record of the event without compromising it as potential evidence.

As mentioned above, it’s the kids I felt sorry for.

You can't say to someone 'You'll be on YouTube later' and not expect them to come back at you. That is quite threatening. Should have just shrugged and let her get on with it. Yes, she was wrong but he chose to escalate the situation. I wonder if he would have been so bold had it been a burly bloke in the car rather than a woman with children.

But, and I mean this in all sincerity, it's the kids I feel sorry for. They're clearly distressed and she's modelling some pretty poor behaviour. I don't know if they were crying and stressing her out before the incident, it could be that she was already on a pretty short fuse, but it's them that need attention and support in this situation.
Doesn't that Mikey bloke upload videos all the time and tell driver's he's going to do it?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Doesn't that Mikey bloke upload videos all the time and tell driver's he's going to do it?
Yeah but he's got balls of steel and advises other cyclists not to do what he does. He also submits them to the police as I believe his aim is prosecution.

I do think the cyclist is being a bit more aggressive than I would be - but not anywhere near as much as the driver.

However, I do sort of agree with him stopping behind her - the last thing I would want would be to pass her and then know there was someone that enraged coming up behind me in a car. Even if he turned round and just went back down the road he couldn't be confident that she wouldn't do the same.

And - as said above - I mostly feel sorry for the kids - unlike their Mum!

D

Deleted member 23692

Creating situations purely to create content for yet another 'give me your adulation and pamper my ego' YouTube channel.

Tosser

Top Bottom