Driver tried to get me to crash into the back of his car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Brake testing only affects those that drive too closely. However, cutting in front of you and doing so is down right dangerous. I would report.

D

Deleted member 26715

No, braking like that is, or is an attempt, at assault. Hence the way I want to refer to it. It is aggressive and dangerous. The car is used as a weapon.
Clearly a colloquialism from where you live then, Brake Test is the common term

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I really can't fathom the thought process of someone like this.

"I disagree with that person's road positioning/behaviour, so I'm going to deliberately endanger their life to make some kind of point"

Psychopathic.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Please reconsider re-uploading to YouTube without the name calling. Use the words 'dangerous or careless driving?' instead. Then report this, as it was a dangerous piece of driving that could have caused substantial injury to you/your bike. The police will look at the video far more favorably without the name calling.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
What an idiot. Report him. You might not be the first cyclist that he has done this too. If you are, there is a record of it for when he does something like this again.

bpsmith

Veteran
Videos like this always make me think, how did it happen, why did it happen and could the scenario have been avoided?

Clearly the guy is at fault, no question, but could the scenario have been avoided...yes.

The brake testing was as a direct result of the rider shouting and gesturing.

Whilst the guy was wrong, the changing of lanes didn't cause the rider's heart to starting beating a lot faster, or braking heavy or changing direction. The brake testing most certainly did.

The driving gave the rider no respect whatsoever, but the problems started after the shouting and gesturing. At this point, if the driver had resulted in injury to the rider, then it would be the drivers fault, but the rider could most definitely have avoided the scenario. Something to think about?

D

Deleted member 26715

Videos like this always make me think, how did it happen, why did it happen and could the scenario have been avoided?

Clearly the guy is at fault, no question, but could the scenario have been avoided...yes.

The brake testing was as a direct result of the rider shouting and gesturing.

Whilst the guy was wrong, the changing of lanes didn't cause the rider's heart to starting beating a lot faster, or braking heavy or changing direction. The brake testing most certainly did.

The driving gave the rider no respect whatsoever, but the problems started after the shouting and gesturing. At this point, if the driver had resulted in injury to the rider, then it would be the drivers fault, but the rider could most definitely have avoided the scenario. Something to think about?
Yes I learnt the hard way somebody trying to ram me with their car which I think was a direct result ofarm waning, I now try not to react but sometimes it's very difficult

Top Bottom