Driver tried to get me to crash into the back of his car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The driver was looking for a reaction, the driver provoked the whole thing, I doubt this is the first time and it won't be the last unless that gutless bully is reported. This idea that you don't say anything when your life is threatened is the creed of cowards, the sort of people who walk past someone getting mugged.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Some people expect us to behave like Buddhist monks; not reacting in any way when some impatient bully endangers our life.
Well, humans aren't like that. In the circumstances, nearly everyone would react with a gesture or a shout, it's completely normal, and in no way detracts from the unacceptable behaviour of the driver.

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't react and I'm not a buddhist monk. I just got self control.

You are right though, it in no way justifies the car driver attempting to use their car as a weapon against the OP.

jarlrmai

Veteran
The fact that I have become so accustomed to this behaviour that I don;t bother reacting in all but the most dangerous of circumstances is a sad reflection.

The fact that I have become so accustomed to this behaviour that I don;t bother reacting in all but the most dangerous of circumstances is a sad reflection.
Quite agree, what has happened to curtasy, certain areas I ride the level of bad driving is worse than others, hardly a ride in that area when somethings not right, however if someone is taking my lane through a chicane I will ride right at them, should see their expressions, mind you one day I might come a cropper. The best thing is unless its really dangerous as in it really makes your heart skip a beat (which isn't often), just ignore it and concentrate for the next incident that's just round the corner which may be the one you need your concentration to keep you alive not ponder on the one that didn't kill you, this is from someone thats had two really close passes this last week, one truck one car, the truck one was lack of observation on the drivers part, but by god it was close enough for me to move across to the left.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If he wanted you to crash into the back of his car you should have done. You had the footage to prove what happened. I am sure you could have played the stuntman. Wheres the problem. :0)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The bike might get bent @steveindenmark - few ride heavy roadsters like mine any more. That'd leave a dent!

It would be insurance fraud just the same as cash for crash and you may end up in prison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom