Drivers and mini roundabouts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscross1966

Über Member
Easy on a bike, done it many many imes in the '80s. Did once have a stupid cow shake her fist and drive beside me and (slowly) try and imdimidate me out of the way whilst I was waiting at the stop line. WTF she was thinking I don't know. And against all stereotypes she was a respectable looking middle aged woman in a mid range tidy car. No audi, beemer, white van, nor chavy corsa in sight. Nowt wrong with the roundabout itself.

Not sure I'd be as keen on cycling the swindon one though
I ride the Swindon one occasionally, it's generally OK, everyone drives it pretty carefully in my experience, it's out-of-towners that have issues with it and get scared,

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Local roundabouts for locals

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I couldn't agree more. There is a series of mini roundabouts not far from my house. Especially dangerous when turning across taking the 2nd exit (right) and the first exit has cars flying down the hill. It doesn't seem to matter what mode of transport I'm in/on.

This also goes the other way i.e. drivers who won't go until EVERY exit is clear, and hold everyone up.

My third and final gripe is people who don't make an effort to go around the mini roundabout (usually cutting corners on the wrong side of the road).

Top Bottom