Drivers, repeat after me: Must Pass Cyclist...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
magnatom said:
So, col, where are you? Will you come on this thread and admit that my cycling was ok here, or was it still my fault?...:smile:

Mags, with comments like that you are in danger of becoming what you dislike in others :biggrin: xx(

OP
OP
M

magnatom

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Mags, with comments like that you are in danger of becoming what you dislike in others :biggrin: :smile:

Just a wee bit of Tom foolery! xx(

You have to remember FFFF, that I take a significant amount of abuse day in day out (just look at youtube and search for me on a few car driver forums!). Surely, I should be allowed a little bit of fun now and again!:smile:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
It's your own fault Magnatom for not allowing the car past.You knew it was there and yet your still taking the middle of the lane trying to make an incident to film.its really dangerous what you do and you should stop and try to chill and to ride your bike slowly and let the important cars past because you just should. i do and never get beeped at or have any problems other than it taking me twice as long to get where im going. </col>

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Sh4rkyBloke said:
It's your own fault Magnatom for not allowing the car past.You knew it was there and yet your still taking the middle of the lane trying to make an incident to film.its really dangerous what you do and you should stop and try to chill and to ride your bike slowly and let the important cars past because you just should. i do and never get beeped at or have any problems other than it taking me twice as long to get where im going. </col>

:biggrin:

How can I tell the important cars from the unimportant cars though..?

redjedi

Über Member
These have reminded me of the woman who was trying to get up close and personal with me a couple of weeks ago.

I was riding in primary, approching the lights at the north end of Kew bridge, in one of the right hand turn lanes (not going over the bridge).
As it's downhill to the lights I can get up to about 25 mph, when I noticed a little red mini driving alongside me. As I was in primary she wasn't in either lane but straddling the two.
Well I wasn't being beaten by a toy car, so got out of the saddle, changed gear and left her to get in the lane behind me.
When I got to the lights, I joined the back of 2 car queue. As I'm sitting up, filling my lungs with oxygen, I look down to my right and see the little red mini edging alondside me. Now I really am in primary, right in the middle of lane and I would be a little put out if even a motorbike pulled alongside me, but a car.
Why???? To gain the extra 4-5 feet that my bike is occupying.
It didn't matter though because it appears I have more horsepower in my legs than she had under her bonnet, and she didn't gain anything at all.

redjedi

Über Member
magnatom said:
Ahhhh, so I can ignore Reliant Robins! That's good to know! :smile:

Reliants are fair game for all road users. If you do come across one just give it a little push :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

jezhiggins said:
Are you getting quicker? That new bike must really be working for you :smile:

No this is still my old bike. The weather is not good enough for the new bike yet.

There seems to be a myth that has developed surrounding my cycling speed! In truth, I often find Lance Armstrong sucking my wheel, when he pops up to Glasgow. :biggrin:

Origamist

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
No this is still my old bike. The weather is not good enough for the new bike yet.

There seems to be a myth that has developed surrounding my cycling speed! In truth, I often find Lance Armstrong sucking my wheel, when he pops up to Glasgow. :biggrin:

Magnatom gets overtaken by butterflies in summer (moths are far quicker and there is no shame in being trounced by a speedy moth).

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Origamist said:
Magnatom gets overtaken by butterflies in summer (moths are far quicker and there is no shame in being trounced by a speedy moth).

That's it, someone had to find something wrong with my cycling. This time (and all the time apparently) I am too slow. I should stay off the roads until I can cycle faster. So can anyone recommend a turbo trainer...:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
redjedi said:
These have reminded me of the woman who was trying to get up close and personal with me a couple of weeks ago.

I was riding in primary, approching the lights at the north end of Kew bridge, in one of the right hand turn lanes (not going over the bridge).
As it's downhill to the lights I can get up to about 25 mph, when I noticed a little red mini driving alongside me. As I was in primary she wasn't in either lane but straddling the two.
Well I wasn't being beaten by a toy car, so got out of the saddle, changed gear and left her to get in the lane behind me.
When I got to the lights, I joined the back of 2 car queue. As I'm sitting up, filling my lungs with oxygen, I look down to my right and see the little red mini edging alondside me. Now I really am in primary, right in the middle of lane and I would be a little put out if even a motorbike pulled alongside me, but a car.
Why???? To gain the extra 4-5 feet that my bike is occupying.
It didn't matter though because it appears I have more horsepower in my legs than she had under her bonnet, and she didn't gain anything at all.

Amazing. Time for that trick I've heard of on here, where you get off, stand to one side and 'helpfully' beckon the car forward to within an inch of the car in front...

Top Bottom