Driving to the start of a bike ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
An alternative for those using bib shorts (or an bib equivalent) is a pair of football shirts otherwise stuffed in the back pocket.
Football shorts over your lycra ? That's just wrong in so many ways.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
As for what to wear on the train... I normally wear Endura Humvees which are knee-length baggy shorts, so they don't look that odd to be sitting around in. (See my avatar picture on the left.)
Off topic but following the sad demise of my Altura Winter Cruisers, and the discovery that they don't do them any more, I got myself a pair of Endura Humvee trousers for winter. First outing last weekend. Very satisfied with them.

And (desperate attempt to get back on topic) I was wearing them when got the train back after my ride. No one pointed and laughed. Well, no more than usual anyway.

Will Spin

Über Member
Nice ride last week. Cycle to station, train to Portsmouth, fast cat to Isle of Wight, round the Island - 67 miles, fast cat and train home.

razabbs

I did this quite a few times when I lived in Fareham (Just outside POrtsmouth) I'd drive to the New Forest, then do a 50/70/80/100 mile bike ride then drive back. I created routes that meant in a 50 mile loop I'd be back at the car after 30 miles or so to take on extra water and food without having to carry it.

I did the same with the train (train there and back) but obviously didn't have the ability to leave food to collect later.

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
Back in my MTB days we regularly drove from Sheffield to the Dales/Lakes/Wales/Scotland to ride.Often the drive would take longer than the rides and I'd be out the house 12/14hrs on one occasion I left home at 4am,picked my mate up in Warrington and drove up to Balmaha,Loch Lomond,rode Ben Lomond,then arrived back home at gone midnight :wacko: Happy days:becool:
Now I'm mostly on the road I still do now and again.Someone I follow on Instagram posted about a ride in Dent Dale,Yorkshire Dales a couple of weeks ago.Brought back so many memories so a couple of days later I drove to Ingleton and rode Kings Dale/Dent Dale/Chapel-le-Dale.Had lunch and a beer and drove home.
You can't beat it:okay::becool:

Top Bottom