Dumbed Down, Not Much Of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
You seem to have a lot of in depth info as to how I've judged someone:wacko: I'm also not on the new NACA and only rarely ventured into the old one.

Just to be clear, my point was there is no place for misogyny and racism on this board (or indeed in life in general). It wasn't directed at particular "him". There used to be quite a lot of it, and whether its down to Mods having a word or banning people or posters drifting away, it has reduced of late, which I feel is a good thing.

Its not really clear from your post where you stand on misogyny and racism.
Perhaps I misinterpreted your post: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/dumbed-down-not-much-of-interest.284089/post-6694009
But you shouldn't join in condemnation of someone - even tacitly - unless you know the details.

Anyway, that specific poster aside; my point is, by all means crack down on unpleasant posts - but don't condemn someone forever more.

matticus

Guru
The Ukraine discussions have been rather refreshing: for the most part, posters are not bringing established bias to the table.
You can throw in views on almost any aspect, and they'll get judged on their merits
(ok, sometimes idiotically - but some folks will always be idiots, and not everyone appreciates my subtle insights on international wartime relations, or armoured combat strategies in the 21st Century).

OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
There are plenty of threads even on this forum which upon viewing, get a big old 'nope' from me, on account of the characters, attitudes, and stuff discussed.

But i don't get all pearl clutchy about it though .

Maybe I should , and insist that people be relentlessly nice to me, otherwise I'll go off in a huff..

I can see that ending well 🤔

Well you livened things up a bit with this thread anyhow.

Hope it entertained and informed too 👍🏼💃🌻

To be honest I am enjoying that there is some debate in this thread and with the exception of a couple of earlier pages where it went a bit "my brothers' bigger than yours" it has been quite refreshing.

Obviously as the OP I feel I should take all the credit 😊😊

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
We have a New Member Introductions section so maybe a Members Signing Off section too?

We could then create a sub-forum for them and maybe call it The Circle of (Virtual) Life.

I am awarding myself a gold star and extra 30 minutes lie-in for these positively brilliant ideas. 🙂

I have asked the Mods if they could consider para' 1 as a viable proposition.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I'm not complaining

Also shep

Or if you do and have a different opinion you'll either be ignored so no-one has to see your views or called a Troll!

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less." "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things." "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."

Also shep

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less." "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things." "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."
And this means what exactly?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I like it. It appeals to my sense of routine and predictability. Like an old armchair, it's comfortable and familiar. You know where you are, and where you're going.

It's an anchor in a sea of chaos.

It's the forum equivalent of having someone plait your hair for you..

Very soothing..

Aaaand here comes the past where it escalates to a crescendo of traded insults..

Followed by a peaceable putting to bed.. :smile:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom