Dumbed Down, Not Much Of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Mind you, when you get to my age, two years ago seems like yesterday to me.

Well even at my tender age..

I'm musing about smthng that seems like only five years ago..
Turns out it was more like fifteen.

Anyway , my point was that you can't chastise others for building up a picture of another posters character through the years.

And then bring smthng up from years back.

But I guess you knew that , really ..

Typifies one of the NACA problems (common to most Internet shouting theatres, to be fair): playing the man not the ball.
You've judged him as one of Them, not Us; not on the same level, morally, as the upstanding members. Gammons, brexiters, tories etc etc ... once they're in the bin, they won't get out.

And yet some claim to give them a fair hearing, to assess their posts objectively, to listen to the evidence. Happy to have a reasoned discussion. Yeah right ...
too true - almost chocked on my morning espresso at a claim upthread to welcome counterpoints.
I believe PR used to often make the point that those proclaiming liberal free speech were too often liable to try to crush it.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Well even at my tender age..

I'm musing about smthng that seems like only five years ago..
Turns out it was more like fifteen.

Anyway , my point was that you can't chastise others for building up a picture of another posters character through the years.

And then bring smthng up from years back.

But I guess you knew that , really ..
I did know it - sorry, didn't mean to dismiss/deflect your point.

I've been going through old photographs at my late mother's house. Things that seemed only yesterday turned out to be 36 years ago. Scary isn't it.......<goes away to search for increasing numbers of grey hairs and wrinkles>

You seem to have a lot of in depth info as to how I've judged someone:wacko: I'm also not on the new NACA and only rarely ventured into the old one.

Just to be clear, my point was there is no place for misogyny and racism on this board (or indeed in life in general). It wasn't directed at particular "him". There used to be quite a lot of it, and whether its down to Mods having a word or banning people or posters drifting away, it has reduced of late, which I feel is a good thing.

Its not really clear from your post where you stand on misogyny and racism.
I suggest that if you do see mysogony or racism on here you point it out T4 - fair enough and I trust you will do that fairly.
The thing with the other place was that it was quite often declared to be rampant on here but no examples were ever given.
Even when asked.
Even when repeatedly asked.
It's notable that on here the same general charges aren't made - pretty sure that's because the gene pool over here is healthily wider and the accusers wouldn't have their fan club around them in the small pool.
Another reason why I'm pleased this is cyclechat/not a workplace.

not getting at you I stress.

Has she left the forum? That’s a shame
You should be so lucky.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
The thing with the other place was that it was quite often declared to be rampant on here but no examples were ever given.
Even when asked.
Even when repeatedly asked

I very rarely reported posts but two I do recall reporting were from a prolific poster on the old naca.

They were the use of a well known racial slur and a post exhibiting very strong transgender prejudice.

Both were rapidly removed, so a link cannot be posted.

I've no intention of naming names, I don't want a pile on.

Hope that helps.

I very rarely reported posts but two I do recall reporting were from a prolific poster on the old naca.

They were the use of a well known racial slur and a post exhibiting very strong transgender prejudice.

Both were rapidly removed, so a link cannot be posted.

I've no intention of naming names, I don't want a pile on.

Hope that helps.
Hard to comment without info - I can sort of imagine what the racial term might have been.
I would always challenge that.
I have told folk that that one is not acceptable - online and off.

My point remains that racism and misogyny are not widespread on here by any stretch of the imagination.
Despite what some like to think.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Hard to comment without info - I can sort of imagine what the racial term might have been.
I would always challenge that.
I have told folk that that one is not acceptable - online and off.

I'm not going to repeat it. Obviously mods felt it was unacceptable.

You asked for examples, you have them.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I suggest that if you do see mysogony or racism on here you point it out T4 - fair enough and I trust you will do that fairly.
Even when asked.
Even when repeatedly asked.
It's notable that on here the same general charges aren't made - pretty sure that's because the gene pool over here is healthily wider and the accusers wouldn't have their fan club around them in the small pool.
Another reason why I'm pleased this is cyclechat/not a workplace.

not getting at you I stress.
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom