Dumbed Down, Not Much Of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
Just out of interest is there an equivalent word for misogyny when abuse / slur is reversed, i.e. when women direct to men?

Yes: misandry.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
What I actually commented on was condemning someone.

I then (in a later post) cited the thread where your contributions were celebrated. (Surely a joyous moment in the forum's history?)

Do you see the difference? And do you see how you've twisted my words (with your bolded text)?

Well my take would be we either can refer back to past events, and posters history, joyous, neutral or otherwise..

Or we can't..

I'd suggest the former is closer to real life as that's how we build pictures and form opinions about people in the 'real*' world

Otherwise we have to mind wipe at the beginning of each session .

And we also have to solidly agree what is and isn't positive negative neutral etc in each and every post

I bolded that bit not to skew or 'twist' or misquote, it was so you knew specifically to what I was referring .

*A term beloved of one of our number who seems to think the rest of 'us lot' only exist in some parallel universe.:laugh:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
yawn - I never "worked" mods - I think in my entire time on here I have only ever reported one post. And maybe not even that. Nor do I ever "ignore" anyone - I like to see folks - and any games from them - as they are - healthier in the long run/bigger picture. But thanks again for reminding me why I and many others left NACA to natter about stuff/share helpful info in this place.
LOL you didn't leave anywhere - the forum got shut down.

The thing with the other place was that it was quite often declared to be rampant on here but no examples were ever given.
Selective memory is a great thing, or perhaps it is just the effects of ageing. I remember when there were often claims of racist/mysogenistic posts, usually making clear who the "guilty party" was. That is not to say they were all correct.
It's notable that on here the same general charges aren't made - pretty sure that's because the gene pool over here is healthily wider and the accusers wouldn't have their fan club around them in the small pool.
Or perhaps the banning of discussion of anything contentious that is not related to choice of braking systems or chain lube severely limits the options for people to air racist or mysogynistic opinions.
My point remains that racism and misogyny are not widespread on here by any stretch of the imagination.
Despite what some like to think.
I am not certain that anyone has said it is widespread, or that there is a particular % of posts that defines something as widespread.

This is an interesting and amusing thread in that it allows people to criticise other posters or "take the player rather than the ball", all in the name of criticising people for doing the same.

Last edited:
Or perhaps the banning of discussion of anything contentious that is not related to choice of braking systems or chain lube severely limits the options for people to air racist or mysogenistic opinions.
didn't stop regular claims that this innocent bit was full of misogyny at all.

anyways, free of now.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I've also "liked" it as @theclaud always "likes" my Wordle drivel and thus I feel somewhat obligated
It's quality drivel, to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom