Dun Running? Try Dun Run II - 1st October 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
No worries Frank.

Just a final reminder for any hardy souls, we'll be leaving on Friday at midnight from London Fields (Pub on the Park, Martello Street, Hackney). I've no idea if the park is still open at that time, but would suggest it's best not to cycle through it at that time, to avoid incidents with glass or any other ne'er-do-wells.

TimO

Guru
Bugger. I'm off sick today, so I don't think there's any likelihood of me feeling well enough on Friday to cycle 110 miles. It's some sort of random mild lurgy, and I cycled to work on Monday, yesterday I went in on Public Transport (hoping that it was the last little bit of illness), but today I feel even worse and can't face going out at all.

Even if this does get better, I'm going to be a bit drained, and not really have enough omph to complete the ride at a sensible speed, and I have my doubts it's going to clear away in two more days anyway.
sad.gif

It's just as well the ticketing system got buggered up and I didn't manage to order a ticket earlier in the week. For once computer problems have saved me some money!

Have fun.

redjedi

Über Member
Bugger. I'm off sick today, so I don't think there's any likelihood of me feeling well enough on Friday to cycle 110 miles. It's some sort of random mild lurgy, and I cycled to work on Monday, yesterday I went in on Public Transport (hoping that it was the last little bit of illness), but today I feel even worse and can't face going out at all.

Even if this does get better, I'm going to be a bit drained, and not really have enough omph to complete the ride at a sensible speed, and I have my doubts it's going to clear away in two more days anyway.
sad.gif

It's just as well the ticketing system got buggered up and I didn't manage to order a ticket earlier in the week. For once computer problems have saved me some money!

Have fun.

+1 and almost exactly the same symptoms.

I was leaving my decision until the last minute, so it's also a definite no from me.

Have fun, and wrap up warm.

marna

+2 to lurgified dropping out. I have some manner of horrible cold and am tucked up at home feeling sorry for myself right now. Bah whinge etc.

I have a ticket booked on the 13:38 train back, if anyone wants it and can meet up in London tomorrow/Friday to nab it from me?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
+2 to lurgified dropping out. I have some manner of horrible cold and am tucked up at home feeling sorry for myself right now. Bah whinge etc.

I have a ticket booked on the 13:38 train back, if anyone wants it and can meet up in London tomorrow/Friday to nab it from me?
And another get well soon!
Can't help with the ticket, got one already...

Who's still in apart from me & Adam?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm going to dip out due to a family problem

StuAff

Metcheck & the Beeb both think wet, Metcheck's the only one that shows wind speeds- if it's right, not too blowy though.

Tynan

Veteran
Sadly and regrettably I have to withdraw my vague interest, the wife is away all weekend and left me alone witht he kids plus two cousins

bravo to anyone going

StuAff

Weather forecast is not improving....Metcheck reckons about 6mm of rain in both London & Ipswich areas between 2200-0100 Friday night. Dry thereafter though. Wind max 15 mph or so.
If anyone else still wants to go ahead, I'm happy to join in (have wet weather gear, will travel!). But if we're cancelling, I'd need to know Friday morning at the latest.

Top Bottom