Dunkirk on Imax was brilliant!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Just back from the IMAX in Bradford where we watched Dunkirk. I read a review yesterday saying if you're going to watch it, you should choose the biggest screen possible to enhance the experience and if possible, an IMAX one so that's what we did. 10.45 showing so we have the avvo to ourselves and we watched a truly epic film in the best possible setting. I'd recommend it to anyone (unless of course Mistra Know-it-All comes back to inform us ignorami just what's wrong with it!)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
The orginal Brexit.........

Just back from the IMAX in Bradford where we watched Dunkirk. I read a review yesterday saying if you're going to watch it, you should choose the biggest screen possible to enhance the experience and if possible, an IMAX one so that's what we did. 10.45 showing so we have the avvo to ourselves and we watched a truly epic film in the best possible setting. I'd recommend it to anyone (unless of course Mistra Know-it-All comes back to inform us ignorami just what's wrong with it!)
It was average at best, even with someone my daughter knows in one of the lead roles (the Scotch Spitfire bloke) it barely managed to raise more than "it was ok" - of course, unless Mistra Know-It-All comes in with a different opinion...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

Mistra Know-it-All ?

Drago

Legendary Member
What are the weapons drills like?

The reviews have been universally awesome, so I will go have a nosey with Mrs D in the week. At the Cinema at Six fields I get in free as Mrs D's carer (they feel sorry for me!)

I bet it's not a patch on the 1958 version with John Mills

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don't think Hitler was a fan of the 1940 version. He disliked the sequel even more.
He told his troops to hold back giving the British more of a chance to evacuate. Many more might have been killed. Maybe he thought that would show him in s favourable light and we would be more likely to make peace, who knows.
I've read the French were not happy with the film as the sacrifice their troops made was downplayed. The Russians said it celebrated cowardice, conveniently forgetting they been duped into an alliance with Hitler and were in fact his ally at the time.

Top Bottom