Dunwich Dynamo 30th June 2012 Roll call

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
4F

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
You did well to get back to Kent in that head wind last year, I only had 30 miles and I was cream crackered by the time I got home.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I've got a good route back Martin. It comes with torrential rain and strong headwinds. Or at least it did last year.....
Oh yes, remember it well- I allowed three hours to make my train from Ipswich, pretty much needed them all!

Not doing this year- apart from the FNRttC going to Southend (3 1/2 hours by train home, so not ideal for rest, refuelling, and then getting back to Hackney ), I'm out on the Sunday night. So I'll aim to do Southend and ride back into the smoke.

stevevw

Guru
Looks like you will have plenty of playmates now Tony. I doubt I will get away with riding this year what with all the long Audax rides I have been doing and the first couple of days of LonJog coming up mid June. But never say never I may get a pass

rb58 how did you get on with the 400 on Saturday?

rb58

Enigma
I'm riding it this year too and want to ride back too!! Might as well repeat last years feat?
Highlight from last year was when we were sheltering from the storm in the bus shelter in Chelmsford when Tim appeared through the torrents to re-join us. It was almost biblical!!

Trickedem

Guru
I've got a good route back Martin. It comes with torrential rain and strong headwinds. Or at least it did last year.....
And a handy bus shelter for a snooze.
I can't make it this year. I am cycling to Paris for my friends 50th

compo

Veteran
Although I'm not doing it I'm helping my daughter who is intending to run a food and rest stop at Gosbeck Village Hall. She is doing this to raise funds for her Guides trip to Peru in July to work with orphans and disabled adults. Gosbeck is about 30 miles from the finish and we'll be doing hot drinks and basic snacks such as cereal bars and probably home made cakes. I'll also take my repair stands and tools down so anyone who needs a bike fix can have some assistance.

More info closer to the day when we've finalised arrangements. I suspect the cakes will go early!

Gordon

My mouth is watering already. Good luck to your daughter's ambitions for her guides.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm now starting to suffer from "Icantbebothereditis". I'm definitely doing Southend and back on the 29th/30th. Whether or not I get back on my bike later on the 30th remains to be seen.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I can't be arsed to ride back and slogging across to Diss to catch a slow train back to London isn't very appealing either. Also, it's the Euro final on the Sunday... just imagine if England got to the final and I fell asleep on the sofa and missed the game! With this in mind, I'm unlikely to do the Dun Run, this year...

Top Bottom