Dunwich Dynamo 30th June 2012 Roll call

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leyton condor

Veteran
I am doing it with a few friends again, got the coach tickets back, altghough have now been offered a possible lift.
Have done no training at all yet though except for my daily commute

OP
OP
4F

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Also, it's the Euro final on the Sunday... just imagine if England got to the final

hahahaha :rofl:

OP
OP
4F

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Usually they are alright and the guards van can take loads, what train are you on ?

compo

Veteran
The enormity of the task is beginning to sink in. 120 miles, it's a hell of a way. I am somewhat undertrained due to a combination of health problems and the weather. I am confident of completing the ride or I wouldn't attempt it but it is going to be a real challenge. I guess being a challenge is what makes it worthwhile and memorable. If it was easy there would be no point. Between the outskirts of London and the A12, with the exception of the first few miles and the stretch between Dunmow and Weathersfield, I know every bend and hill in the road. I am undecided if this is good or bad! My plan is to just aim point to point, have ten minutes off the bike every 20 miles, have a good meal in Sudbury, and a nice roll and cuppa at Gosbeck and just go out and gently savour the whole experience.

I must be totally bonkers.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
That sounds like a sensible approach and eminently doable Compo!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Sounds like much the same approach I'm going to take; it's looking like I'll be starting with a bunch of young mates on fixies and my brother in law (who ran this year's London Marathon in 3 hours) so the chances of ending at the same time as them are very low indeed! I'm sure there will be plenty of other folk I can chat to when my friends leave me for dust!

compo

Veteran
I have often travelled between Saxmundham and Chelmsford, (change at Ipswich) by train and there are often people with bikes standing in the bits by the doors. No-one seemed to bother. I don't know if the new company running the trains is as flexible.

Top Bottom