Dunwich Dynamo 30th June 2012 Roll call

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
jesus, is it that soon

saw that bloke arriving on the Boris Bike as me and 4f were setting off for Ipswich, he must be rock

if anyone worrying about train reservations is talking about the mainline train from Ipswich, those trains have a luggage carriage that could take a horse drawn carriage

I've done a 300 and 400 this year so no bloody excuses this year, buggering the bike aside, I'm riding there and back and hope England don't make the final, if they do I'll really have to cane it

plan for this year, weather permitting, is carry less clothes, carry enough food to forget about the madness of the halfway stop, leave early, get in and out of the cafe early and get on with it, and defo two bottles, did it all on one bottle last year and nearly came unstuck near the end with cramp, duh

Tynan

Veteran
jesus, is it that soon

saw that bloke arriving on the Boris Bike as me and 4f were setting off for Ipswich, he must be rock

if anyone worrying about train reservations is talking about the mainline train from Ipswich, those trains have a luggage carriage that could take a horse drawn carriage

I've done a 300 and 400 this year so no bloody excuses this year, buggering the bike aside, I'm riding there and back and hope England don't make the final, if they do I'll really have to cane it

plan for this year, weather permitting, is carry less clothes, carry enough food to forget about the madness of the halfway stop, leave early, get in and out of the cafe early and get on with it, and defo two bottles, did it all on one bottle last year and nearly came unstuck near the end with cramp, duh

offs, family camp that weekend, there's my four year run broken, arse

I might have to do it on my own later

OP
OP
4F

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Aaah thats a shame Tynan, I wondered when you were going to show up on here...

leyton condor

Veteran
Indeed 4F, and preperations are under way.
2 new continental ultra gatorskins bought as is customary before the Dynamo, hopefully will get round to fitting them before the off.
Thought I would give my bike a clean, so started after work tonight, what a job. Ended up being a preliminary clean as dinner was ready about 2 hours after I started, where does all that shite come from?
Been reading the dynamo twitter page, a few more pop up caterers this year, also one on the beach. The ride does seem to have got too big for the Flora cafe to cope with.
Everything in hand then it seems apart I have done no training what so ever.
Ah well, only 120 miles.

OP
OP
4F

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
The air ambulance bacon roll stop should be on again at Gosbeck unless it is peeing down. Much better than the horrific queues at the 1/2 way point

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
The air ambulance bacon roll stop should be on again at Gosbeck unless it is peeing down. Much better than the horrific queues at the 1/2 way point

Brilliant!! The weather forecast is looking very favourable on accu weather at the moment too.

mattobrien

Guru
Thinking I ought to have done more training. Last weeks trip to Le Mans and a busy week at work have some what hampered that.

I shall refer to it as extended tapering down.

See you all next week.

I'm on the 16:09 from Ipswich to London and all going to plan will cycle home at the end.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
In terms of preparation I've been doing minimum 55 miles a week since April and last May I did 100 miles with almost no preparation, so hopefully I'll be okay for this if I take it easy.

I should probably buy a spare inner tube though :smile:

mattobrien

Guru
If we're all on the 16:09, then it would be bad form not to get in a few beers for the journey^_^

Jim (Scilly Suffolk) and I were planning a pre DD planning session, I say planning session, but I think it would be more accurate to call it a visit to the pub, possibly with some talk of the DD.

Andrew, if you fancy joining us, let me know and we can arrange from there. There was talk of a pint at the Fat Cat, a very cycling friendly pub, judging by the number of bikes locked up outside of an evening.

Matt

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
If we're all on the 16:09, then it would be bad form not to get in a few beers for the journey^_^

Jim (Scilly Suffolk) and I were planning a pre DD planning session, I say planning session, but I think it would be more accurate to call it a visit to the pub, possibly with some talk of the DD.

Andrew, if you fancy joining us, let me know and we can arrange from there. There was talk of a pint at the Fat Cat, a very cycling friendly pub, judging by the number of bikes locked up outside of an evening.

Matt

Hell yeah!

I'll invite my trumpeter too. As long as it isn't Wednesday (we have band practice)

Top Bottom