Dunwich Dynamo 4th July 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Take full gloves 4F. Arm warmers. A buff too.
On Sunday, I wore bibshorts, a base layer, S/s jersey, arm warmers, long finger gloves, buff, cap and helmet. About 2am I put on a Montane windproof and that "just about" covered me for warmth. It can get 'friskette' to say the least!

Ask MacBludgeon for an appraisal of the relative merits of merino clothing at nightime - he's another toff sensible person. :biggrin:

leyton condor

Veteran
I see quite a possy is gathering.
This year I am hoping to cycle one way, as I have already purchased the coach ticket back. If all goes well maybe next year I'll contemplate the return leg.
Bike seems OK for the journey, I just need to get myself a decent front light, thinking of getting a hope vision 1.
See you guys at the start.

Tynan

Veteran
posse is cool

possy is too much like posy, which isn't

we had six last year, two on the day

I'd like merino only it's a bit pricey init and I've done the budget on a new light

Tynan

Veteran
I'm there for certs barring breaking something

that top looks too warm for me unless they really are as cool as they say, doesn't the polyester outer reduce the effect of the merino?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Tynan said:
I'm interested, have you got one, not quite sure about that red

Yep, I shall bring it for the ride. As a matter of interest which front light are you running at the mo ?

Tynan

Veteran
maxx ride, 480 of your fiercest lumens, it's the fourth in as many weeks after my joystick bust after a year, the repair was faulty and I upgraded to the Ride and that was faulty too so I can't honestly recomend it, the fourth one seem fine so far, very compact, wireless and burns bright and long

pricey though, no change from £180 odd

how long is delivery from NZ to here?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Well I ordered 2 weeks before Christmas (2 days after their pre christmas deadline) and it arrived in 7 days :biggrin:

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Not long to go now. ;)

Went out last night around 10pm to test the lights it was sort of dark dusk with a nice orange horizon. I have a Cateye EL530 and two Tesco torch's to be honest even with all three on they were not that great so settled for the Cateye for the next hour or so, by then I was riding through some very dark lanes and put the Tesco torch's on and to my suprise they lite the road up very well. So I will be using mainly the Cateye and then when it gets very black all three. Have also bought a bulk load of Duracells to keep them running, all I need now is a bullet belt for all the spare cells.

Even by 1am I was warm enough with a LS jersey, leg warmers and bibshorts. I had mitts on for the first hour then changed to full gloves.

Exactly how I found my way to Stoneghenge steve...530 + two Tescos lashed under the stem, although they were more use illuminating the messengers that I rolled down with...not a lot of lights between them!

In the darkest of dark places - an advantage but otherwise the Cateye lasted through the night and gave a good overall level. Take 4AAs spare if you must but it-is-S-u-m-m-e-r-t-i-m-e supposedly.:rofl:

Tynan

Veteran
don;t get too ging ho with how warm you were, it gets cole when it's 3 am and you ben stopped for half an hour after riding for six hours, it's a body trying to go to sleep thing rather than a cold outside thing

Top Bottom