During the war

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
As the local provider bus and some trains are provided by Arriva, which is owned by Deutsche bundesbahn, I beg to differ.
I'm past the best before date also, perhaps I could drive a train.

Be careful what you wish for. Our local metro was run by Arriva/DB. There was lots of whinging about it. Eventually, Nexus (local quango type set up) took over, even worse! ;)

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I was invited to leave HM armed forces because I was too violent so they probably wouldn't want me back.
When I was in the Green Jackets a propensity to start a fight with other regiments, RMP's, civvies, the police, inanimate objects, etc, was considered a pre requisite to joining. Fighting an actual enemy was a rare and annoying distraction from fighting everyone else.

Last edited:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Friend of mine ex Marine now sadly not here was the same Drago. Bloody nightmare when he had had a drink. We used to take it in turns to go out with him. Sadly the places he had been messed with his head and drink killed him in the end poor bugger.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I think id been in 2 days when I say my first fight. A lad deliberately stamped on another lads bulled boots and messed them up, which started an almighty fight. It was like the fight scene from Shout at the Devil where Roger Moore and Lee Marvin go at it.

I never got in as many as I would have - foolishly - liked, as I was a good bit bigger than pretty much everyone else and no one willingly picks a fight with a meat grinder. Just as well, because I'm a pussy really. Rocky 4 had not long been been out, and some wag nicknamed me Drago and it stuck. You know your nickname is entrenched when the Major starts using it.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
When I was in the Green Jackets a propensity to start a fight with other regiments, RMP's, civvies, the police, inanimate objects, etc, was considered a pre requisite to joining. Fighting an actual enemy was a rare and annoying distraction from fighting everyone else.
I had a temper which led to a few incidents. Final straw was when I decked a senior rating.

Hasten to add I'm nothing like that now :angel:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
They were known as "falling plates" when I was in the Army. Mainly because so many got shot when they were in Ireland. :sad:
I can believe it. Did 2 tours of NI, Belfast and XMG, and it was tense alright. I was in Germany when the corporal killings happened. Bad times all round.

Easily young enough, chipper early 40’s 😊happily go as unlike @Accy cyclist I think Britain is worth fighting for. Sorry Accy :okay:
(So long as I can hide behind Jay Morton that is)

Brummie53

I think I’m too old, but I could volunteer for the Home Guard or whatever the new force would be called. However as a Birmingham City supporter ( no sniggering please) I could join their hooligan element ( Zulu Warriors) and we’d soon see off the Germans. Quite fancy a spear attached to my bike!

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
1610218613636.png

Counter espionage for me, every time…

Top Bottom