During the war

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pah. We'd nuke 'em til they glowed and shoot 'em in the dark!

Ever thought of a career in the diplomatic service?

Why are you all so scared of the Germans? We've been friends for a very long time. Surely it's time you moved on from 1940.

There's far more scary people in this world, people who really don't have our interests at hart. Many of whom live amongst us.
Egyptians, never liked those pyramid things and daft looking dogs they call sphincters

lane

Veteran
1610236791951.png

lane

Veteran
According to the Daily Star on Sunday special forces are training to deal with an alien invaders (the UFO sort) so maybe that is the real enemy.

I'm under the age limit, but seeings I'm of the fairer sex... I'd probably end up as a driver or mechanic somewhere. Or maybe driving a drawing board in some R&D place, coming up with some of the clever things they used for D-day. Swimming tanks are kind of cool!

Otherwise, I can easily see myself as one of those Ministry of Food ladies who traveled up and down the country demonstrating how to preserve food, where to forage and how make the most of ingredients etc.

classic33

Leg End Member
According to the Daily Star on Sunday special forces are training to deal with an alien invaders (the UFO sort) so maybe that is the real enemy.
So long as a local magistrate agrees.
Unlicensed Alien Invasion
Magistrates are permitted to use 'reasonable force' to prevent an alien invasion of the UK - as long as the aliens don't possess a licence to invade. From section 9 of The Outer Space Act 1986.

DRM

Guru
I'm just watching episode 2 of the Grand Tour, Clarkson, May & Hammond are in Israel at a special forces training site, their comic attempts at trying to rescue a hostage reminded me of this thread, with Clarkson having to put his glasses on to work out how to operate a stun grenade, getting stuck abseiling from a helicopter, firing an assault rifle left handed so the ejected cartridges hit his right arm, etc, well I think the armed forces are quite right to have an upper age limit !

So long as a local magistrate agrees.
Unlicensed Alien Invasion
Magistrates are permitted to use 'reasonable force' to prevent an alien invasion of the UK - as long as the aliens don't possess a licence to invade. From section 9 of The Outer Space Act 1986.
I'm going to call "Partial Bluff" on this one!

The act very much exists, but I cannot see those words. They ARE quoted in a load of articles/webpages about Weird Laws.

SADLY I think the act is about stuff that humans put into space (and licencing thereof). Aliens need their own Act - ASAP!

Top Bottom