e-bike with a hidden battery.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rockn Robin

skipdiver John...My son had his leg amputated from the knee down couple of months ago and finds still finds it hard to walk around on his new prosthesis . getting to work is getting harder for him as on public transport. a friends grandfather has one and gave my son a go on it. he said it was so much easier to get about while he was riding it. that's why I asked this question so it's not a silly thing or un-necessary at this point.

I'm very sorry to hear about your son. I'm sure that over time he will get used to using his prosthesis. May I make a suggestion? I see from what you say he uses public transportation, and a good bike for commuting this way is a folding bike. One rides to the bus stop, folds it up and carries it on the buss with him/her, and also when getting to work, just fold it up and carry it inside and place it beside or under your desk. Perhaps in your son's case, this might be a good option. I own a Brompton folding bike, and it is such a versatile bike. I can even fold it in such a way that it becomes a grocery store cart. Also, I can ride to a coffee shop, or any shop, building, for that matter, and carry it inside with me without having to lock it up outside and worry about theft. Brompton is soon coming out with an electric version, but electric kits are available. There are, of course, many other electric folding bikes on the market. Another nice thing about a folding bike is that when you travel with them, you can simply fold them and but them in the back of your car. My wife and I do that. What's nice about that is that I don't have to carry two bikes on a bike carrier. This way i can park the car and not have to worry about theft, as I mentioned before. Anyway, I just thought I would mention this option to you.

DSC03751.JPG
Brompton at R M Park 01.jpg
Brompton 02.jpg
Shopping With Brommie 03.jpg

theloafer

Legendary Member
call in and see these guys very helpful https://www.kbcycles.com/ :okay:

Top Bottom